1st time in 7 years..not going 2 biketoberfest

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
whelp?...between raising a family and working a scheduled 55 hour work week?...i did my usual and procrastinated in my purchase and replacement of my bald rear tire...figuring that...

I'll just take a vacation day friday and call around to the local shops this morning for a new rear dunlop quali...well...i forgot all about how the shiester stealerships always jack prices for major events...1 local shop wanted $229 for a rear mounted and balanced and the other stealership wanted $189 for the tire and $69 to mount & balance..($34 if i just brought in the rim)..but still...within $5 bucks of each other...all so i can run to daytona tomorrow for the "Run Whatcha Brung" drags in deland...so i call h.org member Dakkine (just to biotch & vent abou tire prices at the local stealerships) who in turn directs my attention too the weather radar..as he and his crew were going to run at Bradington tonight..which they are canceling due to tornado warnings from a biotching storm heading southeast out of the panhandle...straight for daytona...so they are running at Moroso tonight...40 minutes from my house..bottom line?...

I ain't burning my vacation day so i can run around town like a crazed madman (checkbook in hand) to take it up the whazoo for 1 freaking tire to go watch daytona quite possibly host a kickazz thunderstorm tomorrow...which will be a freaking mess as all 1/4 million of the HD yuppies rush to load up trailers and get outta town...i've been in a wet daytona before...and there only one thing to do when it rains in daytona...the same thing i'm gonna do right here in the safety of my own home tomorrow!  
laugh.gif
 I know...call me old but...i prefer to refer to it as "experienced".  
laugh.gif

anyways...i'm sorta bummed but..there'll be plenty more biketoberfests..and my point for posting this is those who are going?...may wannna keep a close eye on the weather movement.  
wowold.gif

Me?...I might go to Moroso tonight (pending my daughters getting home from school) but tomorrow?..i think i'll party right here in the safety of my own home and order up some tires...on-line....for reasonable prices...but the deland drags and daytona is out for me.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

laugh.gif

i wish ya'll a bright sunny day but...i typically go with radar images rather than weathermen predictions...

http://radar.weather.gov/Conus/southeast.php

i think ya'll are gonne get wet..and a wet track at deland?...with no track drying equipment?...just a light shower and they are usually done for the day..which isn't to say ya still couldn't have a great time of it..but i have other issues with the bald tire thing so please...everyone...don't let me holdja back!..this was just a heads up for those who may incurr lotsa travel/expenses who might want to take the weather radar into consideration.

When I spoke with Dakkine and he mentioned we have a "Cycle Gear" located about 50 miles south of me...so i 411'ed their number and gave'im a call..$200 for both a front and rear Dunlop Quali's still on sale..$20 (per wheel) to M&B....they are open till 8:00 tonight..a roadtrip with my Titan may be in order this weekend...at least i'll get something accomplished..and get my dead azz outta the house!
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

You know how the weather is in Florida. Get something different every 15 minutes. I took the forecast I posted off of the weather channel website. I'll start to worry when Jim Cantore shows up.
laugh.gif

I hope it goes through tonight but I'm 30 minutes away so if it doesn't, I won't have a lot wrapped up in travel expense. Also, they are doing it Sunday too. Which gives me a 50/50.

Hope to see you at Moroso Bill. I'll be leaving the house around 5:00.
Half of the Bradenton crew should be there.
beerchug.gif

Yep 94 deg HOT mid day and cow pi$$in ON A FLAT ROCK RAIN! Usual fest weather after all. And now the wife wants to go shoppin with her sister tomorrow. Lets see what Sun will be like? If you are still going in the morning! Let me know Bob
bump.gif
?

You know how the weather is in Florida. Get something different every 15 minutes. I took the forecast I posted off of the weather channel website. I'll start to worry when Jim Cantore shows up.  
laugh.gif

I hope it goes through tonight but I'm 30 minutes away so if it doesn't, I won't have a lot wrapped up in travel expense. Also, they are doing it Sunday too. Which gives me a 50/50.
well?...have a great time man...would've loved ta made it but..looks like i gotta sit this one out...and you may be correct...it looks like it might have a shot at breaking up and blow'in on through..have fun!
super.gif

Hope to see you at Moroso Bill. I'll be leaving the house around 5:00.
Half of the Bradenton crew should be there.
beerchug.gif
Watch the weather bud..is palm beach dry right now?..

I got two daughters home from school...one with a head cold and the oldest has a hurt knee (from her CPR final exam today)....hate ta say it but i think we're holed up for the evening.

Theres a cycle gear right in front of the Speedway. Im not sure if that helps you.

I just went to the Myrtle beach Fall Bash. I wasnt too impressed. Its just a bunch of motorcycle "owners" who gather and drink. I may go to Daytona in the spring, but Ill go to watch the races. I still prefer canyon roads all to myself. Rallies are the polar opposite.

I've been watching the weather too, The weather guys down here can't predict the weather unless its a hurricane, so I watch the frontal pressures and radar to make my own decision.

We will still try to make it up if the weather passes.

On the tires, Cyclegear in Orlando, Sanford, and Daytona have the tires, I picked up a set today, just haven't had the time to m&b. Orlando's equipment was broke.

here's where you need to go & tell Will "mikeonbike" sent you:

Predator powersports in longwood on mingo trail off of 434
Phone Number: 407-834-7222
Email: will@wheelquickinc.com

He discount's tires, m/b $15 off bike or $30/35 front/rear on the bike, also cheapest oil and brake changes intown.

mike

Back