1st servicing.....

OB_Y2Krazy

Registered
My Busa goes in for 1st service this Tuesday..... Any suggestions, warnings or any thing else I should know? What type of oil would be best? And about how much should it cost?

use the suzuki oil till the bike breaks in. Just let em do the normal 600 mile service and keep following the breakin procedure.....................

[This message has been edited by VegasDude (edited 14 May 2000).]

IT IS IF THAT IS ALL THEY DO BUT IN CALIF. THEY ARE ALSO SUPPOSE TO SNYCH THROTTLE BODIES.
DID YOU WATCH WHAT THEY DID OR ARE YOU GUESSING?
Sorry about the caps did not know they where on just looked up.
There is some more than just a oil change.
I have always said you should KNOW your mechanic.
the horror stories are from people who just drop it off and then complain when some burger and fry guy f up the bike.
Soory I would have to blame you not the dealer it is your money and bike check it out before you drop it off.

I think that's good advice re checking out the reputation of your dealer and his service facility.

Before placing your pride and joy in the hands of the unknown, have absolute confidence that you'll get a professional, competent job.

But, if you want to save some bucks, do it yourself. Get the service manual, the right tools, especially torque wrench and your investment could pay for itself at the first 600 mile maintenance.

With the 600 mile (armed with the service manual), follow the maintenance schedule. Change oil and filter, check idle speed, fluid levels, throttle cable play, drive chain tension, and those two catch basins. Torque down all the bolts and nuts you can find following torque values listed in service manual, page 2-29. That's it as far as I can tell.

Lube pivot points,If dealer which is alot of them did not put loctite on the brake and clutch lever nuts needs that.check the battery I know it is maintance free but bolts do loosen corroision builds up and how many had acid proplems due to improper setup.

Still it is your money and you can demand better.It also helps when you buy a bike if the service dept. is knowlageble and the techs know what is up then feel fine about paying the price but if the service and parts dept. s*ck then demand a discount due to you are going to go somewhere else for those items.This is the only way a shop will know they need to improve.
Case in point we are over 4 weeks backlogged and people donot mind waiting.

I think they DID sync my throttle bodies because it ran a little better when I got it bak. $147 total

WOW JC ZING - Well I'm kind of stuck with the 19 year old mechanic, poor service at the desks, and always standing around an hour after my Blue is supposed to be done. I'm just a little peeved when every time I walk out of there joint I feel ripped off. I'm sure that there are many professional shops out there, but just not around me. I guess that if they would answer my questions to my satisfaction and work on customer service I'd feel better about forking over the dough.

Back