1st service!!!!!!

PUNN1025

Registered
Well I got a 06 Busa (dk. red). Brought it from DGY in Downers Grove, Il. They told me I have to have the first service done cause its crucial and I'm like "ok no problem" but heres the freaky part they said it will cost around 400.00 with parts for this service cause they do a valve adjustment and go over the bike completly. So my question is "WTF!!!!"
how important is this and is anyone else seen this?

Oh by the way waaaassssssuppppppp!!!!!!

A high price for a 1st service is half that amount and the 1st service does not require any valve adjustments. You can look for an honest shop or do it yourself and just save all receipts for warranty purposes.

Welcome aboard.  They should at least give you a hug and a kiss first.  Geez.

Do it all yourself and keep your anus intact and cherry..
They don't do any more than change the oil, oil filter, and make a few adjustments (chain) and maybe check most of the nuts and bolts for tightness...

The owners manual that you got with the bike tells you exactly what is required on the first service - valve adjustments are still a way off! Ask them to RTFM!

rock.gif
$400? What's the name of this place? Address? And name of the service writer you spoke too?

THANKS FOR THE WARM WELCOME!!! I thought they were on some bs espicially when i checked another dealership and it was a 100 less, and they make it seem like your bikes gonna fall apart if you dont get it done

Valve adjustments aren't necessary that soon ! Run !!! While you still can !

And Welcome to our madness !
biggrin.gif

YEAH I GOT OVER A THOUSAND ON IT ALREADY, BUT I AM HAVING A PROBLEM WITH HAVING TO DOUBLE PUMP THE CLUTCH TO GET IT TO GO INTO GEAR AFTER RIDING FOR A WHILE

YEAH I GOT OVER A THOUSAND ON IT ALREADY, BUT I AM HAVING A PROBLEM WITH HAVING TO DOUBLE PUMP THE CLUTCH TO GET IT TO GO INTO GEAR AFTER RIDING FOR A WHILE
Look at the fluid in the clutch reservoir sight glass on the bars...
It probably is already very dark...
Change it and all will be well...

David

You can download the manual right from this sight.............FREE!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the board
biggrin.gif

$400 for a first service is ridiculous...find a different shop to do your work. The valves don't require
any attention until 15,000 miles
wink.gif

Ditto what everyone has already said.
all is not lost. you now know your stealer isn't trustworthy.

local Suzuki dealer claims they don't touch the valves (even when they are scheduled) if the motor sounds fine. they will only adjust if the valve train is making noise.

"local Suzuki dealer claims they don't touch the valves (even when they are scheduled) if the motor sounds fine. they will only adjust if the valve train is making noise."

That can be dangerous. What if a valve has tightened up? Wouldn't make any noise until it BROKE! I'll check the clearance on mine as recommended.

Back