1st Service

GeorgiaGixxer08

Registered
Just got my busa a month ago and put a little over 600miles on it, is it worth the money to take it and get the first service for like $250 or should i change the oil, filter, tighten the chain a little all myself? i know they dont really do much hence the name STEALERSHIP. what would you do, i wanna take it just to be safe cause what person doesnt want the best for there bike?

If your confident you can do it yourself, go for it. Save the money. Oil and filter should be around $30, tighten the chain=free.
If it's questionable, where are you? Myself, and alot of folks on here would be glad to walk you through it, both are very easy. The oil change and chain tightening are also both on here. Gen2 fairing removal is simple once you see where the fasteners are.

i can change the oil, ive never tightened the chain on a busa, i had a 08 gsxr1000 and i tightend it myself. i have a aftermarket swingarm ill have to go out there and look at it to see how its done, what else do i need to go over if i end up doin it myself?

Nothing really comes to mind, other than checking to make sure all nuts and bolts are tight. Air filter clean?
Someone will let you know if I'm overlooking anything. But first service is pretty simple. If your considering synthetic oil, Dealers and enginebuilders have always told me to wait to 2000 to 2500miles to start using it. Apparently valves seat better with conventional oil. And valve adjustment is on down the road. Somewhere around 12 to 15k miles, not positve on the mileage, but there abouts. Any service info, tourqe specs, wiring diagrams, complete service manuals, ect. are all here.

:whistle:Just be very careful when trying to put your oil bolt back into the pan..it is notorious for being an easy strip job...don't ask me why i know:whistle:2hip

I've always let the dealer do the first service, however it only cost a buck thirty round here, or at least it did a year and a half ago.

According to my dealer it will not impact the warranty. Parts for the first service run less than $30.

I trust that they check a lot of things that I wouldn't know about.

If your confident you can do it yourself, go for it. Save the money. Oil and filter should be around $30, tighten the chain=free.
If it's questionable, where are you? Myself, and alot of folks on here would be glad to walk you through it, both are very easy. The oil change and chain tightening are also both on here. Gen2 fairing removal is simple once you see where the fasteners are.

Where are the fasteners? I undid the bolts once and it wasn't coming off. I ran out of time and bolted it back up.

Where are the fasteners? I undid the bolts once and it wasn't coming off. I ran out of time and bolted it back up.

Did ya get the one on the dash panel and the black clip on the dash? If your sure you got em all ya just need to gently work it free, its a little stuborn. Be gentle, if you still not able to remove it post up a new thread and im sure we will figure out whats binding.

Gen II plastics are a pain if you never did it before...search on how to remove them first and it will be easier.

Back