1st Ride New 04 Busa

northernbusa

Registered
I am now privy to the secret all Hayabusa owners know.....the busa is the worlds most powerful smile generating machine.

Cannot describe how confident it felt to lay it into the corners. Put my first 240km on her yesterday despite rather nippy +6 C. Yes the electric vest is a wonderful thing, can't imagine why it took me 25 years to buy one.

When I am not riding I work as an RN in the provinces far north. Check out Stony Rapids, Saskatchewan on your streets and trips, ya its a way up there all right.

I have been nursing since '91 prior to that I was owner/manager of a Yamaha dealership here in Prince Albert, before that a Lt. in the Artillery in our regular forces.

Previous bikes:

-'88 GSXR 1100 Wiseco bigbore, supertrapp....... been my ride for the last 5 seasons put 65,000 kms on her inc. two trips to Monterey for the World Superbike

-85/ 87 FZ750  fun bikes did a bit of club racing at Gimli, Manitoba

-85 YZ 490 roosting good fun still ride

-82 Honda CBX Pearl White beauty wish I still had her

-78 Kaw KZ1000 Z1R pure hell in the straights handle like a mud slide

-78 RD400 Daytona what a riot another one I wish I still had

-Bultaco 250 Pursang / Elsinore 125

Well it is great to be part of the Hayabusa life experience and I look forward to gleaning much good information from the fine members of this board and hope I can contribute some as well.

Keep your stick on the ice and your head up see you out on the road.

Attached is pic after first ride, ya that is snow on the ground

my_busa_2.jpg

Buuurrrrr! Congrats and welcome to the madness.
beerchug.gif

<!--EDIT|flyboy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1081795388 -->

Welcome aboard & Congrats! You have the nicest & fastest color.
biggrin.gif

Welcome to the board my man, good to see a fellow healthcare professional on the meanest machine /c two wheels. I'm a physical therapist and my co-workers always comment about the dangers of riding a motorcycle. My response "I've treated more serious auto accidents than motorcycle accidents". I don't think we (motorcycle riders) realize how special we are. Everyone doesn't have the guts to get on those two wheels so we're a special breed we are.
Be blessed and ride safe. Nice pics too.

BigDawg

Welcome to the board...I've only been a member a short time but have gained a wealth of knowledge. I'm sure you'll experience the same!

By the way...good choice on the color, have the same one myself
beerchug.gif

Welcome to the obsession Northern!

I learned to ride dirt (when I was 26!) on an IT 490. Prior to buying it I was asking, "why do I want such a small dirt bike?" I had been riding a 700cc street bike and didn't realize the difference between 2 & 4 stroke.

Boy was that bike a BLAST!

The Busa is even better!

Now if I can just figure out how to get a paddle tire on the Busa...
laugh.gif

Welcome to the board, Northernbusa! Enjoy the bike it's a smile a minute!

welcome, nice bike, lose the reflectors:;):

yeah I'm blunt and too the point

Right On ! welcome to our house... you comin to Monterey this year with that new machine?

Back