1st Oil Change Synthetic or No?

///M+Busa

Registered
me again. Coming up on my first oil change and i am considering going synthetic, any suggestions?

i use Redline racing oil in my car, would this be sufficient or no?

Thanks again.

William

Dont remember why but they say not to use full synthetic until you have at least 6000 miles or more i believe. I used regular mineral oil the first 5000 miles and then switched to semisynthetic. The semisynth or blend oil made a huge difference in shifting on my 05. I've been using semi synth ever since.

+1.  I'd wait till you have at least 3k miles before switching to synthetic.  Regardless, I'd also do the first oil change at 700 miles and then change the oil and filter at least every 1,500 miles afterwards.

Do a search brother this is a common topic round here. You'll come up with 4 to 5 to choose from. Careful with that warranty

The tech at the Suzuki dealership recommended a 50/50 blend for my first change at 600 miles. That's what I ended up doing.

Just use regular old Dino oil for the first 2000-3000 miles, then go with a Full Synthetic
super.gif

Went to silkolene at 3000 miles, and it runs great! Trans is much smother etc. A lot of new vecheles now come with full synthetic from the dealer, so where is there break in peroid? My new Polaris runs full synthetic oil.
super.gif

Back