1st gear wheelie

The Oracle

Registered
Rode my first full length 1st gear wheelie the other day... My buddy on his F3 wanted to see how fast bus really is... So, I let him start out, and I hit it hard. Front end lifted like it was full of helium. I have finally gotten over the fear of looping so, I don't let the throttle off instantly... Instead, I eased it back a hair when I got uncomfortable. Then, as it dropped a little, I cracked it open a hair. I kept this up until I passed him and switched into 2nd gear. He was freaking out, since he watched my launch in the mirror. It was SCHWEET!

thumb2.gif
thumb.gif

Rode my first full length 1st gear wheelie the other day...  My buddy on his F3 wanted to see how fast bus really is...  So, I let him start out, and I hit it hard.  Front end lifted like it was full of helium.  I have finally gotten over the fear of looping so, I don't let the throttle off instantly...  Instead, I eased it back a hair when I got uncomfortable.  Then, as it dropped a little, I cracked it open a hair.  I kept this up until I passed him and switched into 2nd gear.  He was freaking out, since he watched my launch in the mirror.  It was SCHWEET!
Cool Bro, Pretty Soon you can ask your wife to take the training wheels and big Orange flag off of it...
jump9.gif

How's tha Ankle?

Rode my first full length 1st gear wheelie the other day... My buddy on his F3 wanted to see how fast bus really is... So, I let him start out, and I hit it hard. Front end lifted like it was full of helium. I have finally gotten over the fear of looping so, I don't let the throttle off instantly... Instead, I eased it back a hair when I got uncomfortable. Then, as it dropped a little, I cracked it open a hair. I kept this up until I passed him and switched into 2nd gear. He was freaking out, since he watched my launch in the mirror. It was SCHWEET!
way cool....fuggin fearless....but then again bein' the all knowing Orca helps too . You knew you wouldnt go over.

Ya Rip...how is the ankle ? You got the big west coast climb commin' up dont ya ? You gonna make it ?

P.s. have you caught this flick ? I liked it alot .

vert_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Rode my first full length 1st gear wheelie the other day...  My buddy on his F3 wanted to see how fast bus really is...  So, I let him start out, and I hit it hard.  Front end lifted like it was full of helium.  I have finally gotten over the fear of looping so, I don't let the throttle off instantly...  Instead, I eased it back a hair when I got uncomfortable.  Then, as it dropped a little, I cracked it open a hair.  I kept this up until I passed him and switched into 2nd gear.  He was freaking out, since he watched my launch in the mirror.  It was SCHWEET!
way cool....fuggin fearless....but then again bein' the all knowing Orca helps too .  You knew you wouldnt go over.

Ya Rip...how is the ankle ?  You got the big west coast climb commin' up dont ya ?   You gonna make it ?

P.s.     have you caught this flick ?   I liked it alot .
Ankle bad... Thanks for asking Rev and RSD... I was in emergency room until 3AM this morning with my wife. You guys know I have hemophilia.? So, not only is it sprained, but it is bleeding internally too.

I asked Dr. if I could climb Rainier, he was like, "a hemophiliac has no reason to climb any mountains." Then he was like, "how did you injure your ankle?"

I responded, "rock climbing."

He almost fell out of his chair, and started in with the typical lectures.

When he finished, I asked, "how long until you think I can get back on my motorcycle?"

This time, he did fall out of his chair.

So... To make a longer story, a hair shorter, looks like no mountain this go-round. I will still be in Tacoma visiting my brother and family... He is cool with it. He has always been my little protector anyway (even though he is younger).

Kristine (my wife) and I leave early tomorrow morning to fly out... I will prolly drop-in once and a while (to hayabusa.org) when I am out there. But otherwise, I will talk @ you crazy bunch of bozos next week.

Cheers and enjoy, Vaughn aka Rip.

Sorry about the ankle deal... ouch!
As for the 1st gear wheelie did the exact same to my cousin on his harley, he saw me comin from the mirror too. When we stopped at the next intersection he said : " Schhhhhhweeeeet! "
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

way cool....fuggin fearless....but then again bein' the all knowing Orca helps too .  You knew you wouldnt go over.

Ya Rip...how is the ankle ?  You got the big west coast climb commin' up dont ya ?   You gonna make it ?

Ankle bad...  Thanks for asking Rev and RSD...  I was in emergency room until 3AM this morning with my wife.  You guys know I have hemophilia.?  So, not only is it sprained, but it is bleeding internally too.  

I asked Dr. if I could climb Rainier, he was like, "a hemophiliac has no reason to climb any mountains."  Then he was like, "how did you injure your ankle?"

I responded, "rock climbing."

He almost fell out of his chair, and started in with the typical lectures.

When he finished, I asked, "how long until you think I can get back on my motorcycle?"

This time, he did fall out of his chair.

So...  To make a longer story, a hair shorter, looks like no mountain this go-round.  I will still be in Tacoma visiting my brother and family...  He is cool with it.  He has always been my little protector anyway (even though he is younger).  

Kristine (my wife) and I leave early tomorrow morning to fly out...  I will prolly drop-in once and a while (to hayabusa.org) when I am out there.  But otherwise, I will talk @ you crazy bunch of bozos next week.

Cheers and enjoy, Vaughn aka Rip.
Awesome on the wheelie ORipcle..... not so much on the ankle though......take it easy dude.

Congrats on the wheelie Rip, Oracle, ....uhh...whatever you're calling yourself these day.
laugh.gif
We sorely need a forum for Safety related issues. Since you were speaking of wheelies, I felt that I just had to share this little tidbit with my Busa bretheren and sisteren. I ride wheelies quite frequently and am very comfortable with them. I do the "roll-on" type in second gear and I sometimes from the first gear. Because of my height (6'5"), I don't feel comfortable with the standups, so I just leave them alone (ain't that right cousin Higg?
laugh.gif
) Anyway, I just installed the TRE on my bike about a month ago, and it does take some getting used to. I now understand why they say..."For Race Use Only." The throttle doesn't readily snap back when you let off of it (nothing wrong with adjustment). One thing I like about this is that I have gotten more comfortable with clutchless shifting now. To add to this story (I'm pretty sure you all are starting to figure out where I'm going with this), I was pulling some wheelies the other day near the house. When I whacked the throttle hard, Kennedy stood to attention the way she always does. But, there was one nearly fatal flaw. The throttle doesn't readily come back to drive the RPM's down...especially once it gets to 5000rpm. When you roll on it hard, it will continue to slightly rev up. I almost had one of those situations where the bike would roll back on me. Luckily I was coherent enough to pull in the clutch, while at the same time sh^t in my pants. Just be careful when using those TRE's guys/gals. I also have the 16t front sprocket so standing at attention is quite easy. Wanted to share that tidbit with ya'll because it is definitely useful.

BE CAREFUL OUT THERE...

Brian

laugh.gif

Congrats on the wheelie Rip, Oracle, ....uhh...whatever you're calling yourself these day.
laugh.gif
 We sorely need a forum for Safety related issues.  Since you were speaking of wheelies, I felt that I just had to share this little tidbit with my Busa bretheren and sisteren.  I ride wheelies quite frequently and am very comfortable with them.  I do the "roll-on" type in second gear and I sometimes from the first gear.  Because of my height (6'5"), I don't feel comfortable with the standups, so I just leave them alone (ain't that right cousin Higg?
laugh.gif
)  Anyway, I just installed the TRE on my bike about a month ago, and it does take some getting used to.  I now understand why they say..."For Race Use Only."  The throttle doesn't readily snap back when you let off of it (nothing wrong with adjustment).  One thing I like about this is that I have gotten more comfortable with clutchless shifting now.  To add to this story (I'm pretty sure you all are starting to figure out where I'm going with this), I was pulling some wheelies the other day near the house.  When I whacked the throttle hard, Kennedy stood to attention the way she always does.  But, there was one nearly fatal flaw.  The throttle doesn't readily come back to drive the RPM's down...especially once it gets to 5000rpm.  When you roll on it hard, it will continue to slightly rev up.  I almost had one of those situations where the bike would roll back on me.  Luckily I was coherent enough to pull in the clutch, while at the same time sh^t in my pants.  Just be careful when using those TRE's guys/gals.  I also have the 16t front sprocket so standing at attention is quite easy.  Wanted to share that tidbit with ya'll because it is definitely useful.

BE CAREFUL OUT THERE...

Brian
BA....... how hard did the front end come down when ya grabbed the clutch.

laugh.gif

Thanks for the tip Bacharles. Good stuff. What I find odd is that during the first week I had it I was wheeling quite a bit. Now 1000miles later, I find myself not doing em' I think I am to much in love...I dunno, I never used to be this way, but I actually freaked out when I came up on a puddle about 30 minutes ago. I was mad cause now Lilah (First Demoness of Temptation and Night) is dirty again...

It's kinda funny really. I used to thrash the crap out of the CBR and the Katana, now I am toodling along babying the crud out of her. I mean I still carve corners, and I have bounced the rev limiter quite a bit in the lower three gears, but no real "risky" behavior. I think I am going to find an old CBR 600 F4 to abuse and learn some stunts...

Just an observation.

Yep, I dug it too.  A little over-the-hill with some of the reality...  But, as I have touched on before, so what, it is fiction and supposed to be.

BTW - Bill Paxton's character name is Vaughn!

hehehe.

-Ripper.
I figured you'd remember that....

Have an' awesome holiday . If yer bro is anything like you ,yer gonna have a blast .

Dont worry about that foot....if it ever quits on you completely....me an' monsta & rev will build you a trike .

Take care.... Rubber-Pants-Down.

build ya a nasty lil' trike , something like this....

I love those colours....

_HayabusaTrike.jpg

or a black beauty , like Monsta's , or Revs Special Olympic...

Oops...I mean special edition....

image06.jpg

or a black beauty , like Monsta's , or Revs Special Olympic...

Oops...I mean special edition....
Dude, When I am too old to get my leg over the Busa on two wheels, I am gettin me one of these built...They are pretty sweet for a trike.

Ok hell they are pretty sweet as is...

Special Olympics...Yeah I got your specail right here...

Hey did you get your fueling right yet?

I think I'm close Rev....I'm gonna head off to a shop this weekend hopefully....not sure...an see if they'll be so kind as to allow me the use of their dyno . Then I'll be able to see if altering the map I'm using now will help me . I'd love to get my hands on the little beauty we used to have a this one shop . An' exhaust gas annalizer[sp] . If you could sit on a dyno , with the E.G.A. goin' , and work on some maps...
then you could dial the bi... in .

I think I'm close Rev....I'm gonna head off to a shop this weekend hopefully....not sure...an see if they'll be so kind as to allow me the use of their dyno .  Then I'll be able to see if altering the map I'm using now will help me .  I'd love to get my hands on the little beauty we used to have a this one shop . An' exhaust gas annalizer[sp]  .  If you could sit on a dyno , with the E.G.A. goin' , and work on some maps...
  then you could dial the bi... in .
Good Luck, remember to post an MP3 of that bad boy once you get it right, I want to hear that mother...

Hey, don't make me come up there...

Back