1st ever, pls dont judge to harshly...

Blacksmith

Registered
I just got my 09 this past Sat from Daytona Beach and, yes, shes my first bike since an XR when I was 14. (30 years ago). I've wanted a Busa since they came out and I finally but the bullet and got this for my birthday. Shes a 1 owner with 13K miles, full M4 single side exhaust, power commander, undercarriage led's, adjustable levers (LOVE THOSE!!), led tail light, and all clear lenses. Honestly not what I was expecting for my first but I just couldn't find a 'normal' bike that I liked other than the Triumph speed triple for 18K and when I found this one online it was love at first sight. I've been on short back roakbrides the last two evenings and i'm really surprised at how rock solid and stable this thing is, shes actually way easier to ride than I expected. So hello to all, I'm sure I'll have plenty of dumb newbie questions, and yes i'm an idiot that bought a modified busa for his first bike but I like to think most of the stupid is gone by now. (A bit of crazy left but no stupid I think)

20190323_192049.jpg

20190323_192033.jpg

I just got my 09 this past Sat from Daytona Beach and, yes, shes my first bike since an XR when I was 14. (30 years ago). I've wanted a Busa since they came out and I finally but the bullet and got this for my birthday. Shes a 1 owner with 13K miles, full M4 single side exhaust, power commander, undercarriage led's, adjustable levers (LOVE THOSE!!), led tail light, and all clear lenses. Honestly not what I was expecting for my first but I just couldn't find a 'normal' bike that I liked other than the Triumph speed triple for 18K and when I found this one online it was love at first sight. I've been on short back roakbrides the last two evenings and i'm really surprised at how rock solid and stable this thing is, shes actually way easier to ride than I expected. So hello to all, I'm sure I'll have plenty of dumb newbie questions, and yes i'm an idiot that bought a modified busa for his first bike but I like to think most of the stupid is gone by now. (A bit of crazy left but no stupid I think)

View attachment 1596607

View attachment 1596608

Welcome to the Org fr. Nice color Busa.
I can make a mistake but your front tire seems to be square (first pic)
what brand is , you checked them?

The kanji actually change color in different lighting, I was wondering if that was a factory thing or aftermarket. They look factory to me or at least a pro job. The tires are in good shape they're Michelins, I forget the model. I have a dirt drive so that may be why they look like that. The pavement contact patch isn't near as wide as that pic looks. I was honestly a little unsure until I saw the bike in person cause the dealer pics were terrible and she looked faded and dull but i'm person in the sun the middle fairing is actually a dark smokey grey and the tank has dark blue metal flakes. She is a purty thing in person!

Btw can someone please tell me the best looking sleek/hideaway/ under fender whatever tag frame? They didnt realize there wasn't one until we were ready to load her up and that one is all they had that would fit. It's a nice Roaring Toys billet and led lit but it does not look right on a Busa

The kanji actually change color in different lighting, I was wondering if that was a factory thing or aftermarket. They look factory to me or at least a pro job. The tires are in good shape they're Michelins, I forget the model. I have a dirt drive so that may be why they look like that. The pavement contact patch isn't near as wide as that pic looks. I was honestly a little unsure until I saw the bike in person cause the dealer pics were terrible and she looked faded and dull but i'm person in the sun the middle fairing is actually a dark smokey grey and the tank has dark blue metal flakes. She is a purty thing in person!
That’s factory.

Btw can someone please tell me the best looking sleek/hideaway/ under fender whatever tag frame? They didnt realize there wasn't one until we were ready to load her up and that one is all they had that would fit. It's a nice Roaring Toys billet and led lit but it does not look right on a Busa
Screenshot_20190325-143957_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Puig makes this one that actually mounts to all 4 of the bolts that hold the oem fender, you can find plenty for around 20 bucks that'll work but this is the best option i found and the one I'll be going for when i have the extra cash for it

View attachment 1596610

Puig makes this one that actually mounts to all 4 of the bolts that hold the oem fender, you can find plenty for around 20 bucks that'll work but this is the best option i found and the one I'll be going for when i have the extra cash for it
$90 wow I made 2 little metal tabs bent them and bolted license plate on it. It’s close enough to the tail light to light up.

My own is Yoshimura Fender Eliminator Kit
Very good quality, fits nicely, and it has small LEDs that glow brightly on the License Plate at night.
I have removed the License Plate, because in Greece are big and do not fit.

Οf course my bike number is missing here, the fines are not too big, better than having a radars problem! ;)

s-l1600.jpg

IMG_1357.jpg

Very clean looking bike! Welcome to the oRg!!, Many guys will compliment you on buying a bike in the fastest color even though they truly know its blue!!:lol:
Lol! I actually wanted one in white but the one this dealer had was already stretched and lowered. I do love the stretched wide tire look that's not what I wanted right now. After seeing them in person this is the better looking bike anyway.

That's a clean 09! Welcome and enjoy! Might want to check the date code on the tires to see how long they have been on there...

and the valve stems.
I've seen them disintegrate and fall off when touched(obviously quickly deflating the dry rotten tire)on a cbr1k with only 1500 miles...that had sat in a building almost 6 years.

The tires seem n to be in good shape but I'll check the dates anyway. The valve systems are solid and sealing well when I checked the air in them. That's a good first question, do you guys run the full recommended air pressure or a little lower?

Welcome aboard from the Tampa area! You get here just in time for love bug and rainy season! :hide:
:laugh: just kidding! Congrats on the new toy. Take it easy and get familiar with her.

Back