1st ever, pls dont judge to harshly...

This is the mount I have if you want to use it.

20180720_114354.jpg

I've considered a pair of DanMoto GP slip ons. They look decent and the sound isnt too bad. Priced at $325 shipped, I'd rather damage those in a wreck than carbon slip ons.

I'm running the carbon danmoto on mine until i can get the hmf cans i got from red05 fitted (if i can get them to work) and the danmoto looks and sounds good for just being cheap slip ons. i definitely recommend them

You Need to have the suspension sag set for Your weight, to make the bike handle correctly.
Welcome to the org
I asked the only shop in town (Kawa and Honda) about adjusting my suspension by he said they dont do much suspension work and he didnt think a Busa would need any adjustment anyway. I'm 5'11" and about 185 so pretty average, is there a ballpark I can see myself or do I just ride until I can get her down to Jax and a better shop?

I asked the only shop in town (Kawa and Honda) about adjusting my suspension by he said they dont do much suspension work and he didnt think a Busa would need any adjustment anyway. I'm 5'11" and about 185 so pretty average, is there a ballpark I can see myself or do I just ride until I can get her down to Jax and a better shop?

That guy is an idiot, seriously.
I am 190ish in gear, so I'll be back soon to tell you where I had my gen2 set(I'm at work)
It'll get you in the ballpark, but you'll still need to make small adjustments.

That'd be great Six, thanks. That'll get me close and when I get my permit I'll ride down to Jax and get them to fine tune it.

The "fine tuning" needs to be done by you the rider, on the road side.
As in, set compression, rebound, and preload, then go rail some corners.
Stop, adjust one setting +/- one half to one full click, for compression and rebound.
I no longer have my gen2, and there is a thread still here somewhere with my final settings in it, but I've yet to find it again.
I know for rear preload I had 3 threads visible above the top lock ring when it was tight. 1 or 2 lines visible for fork preload.
Fork compression and rebound were 4 to 5 clicks counter clockwise, from full stop/clockwise.
Rear compression and rebound were 12-18 clicks cc from full stop.
Search for Jinkster attacks suspension.
He has a great sag setup with pictures and instructions.
After it's close, that's where the half click of rebound, or 2 clicks of compression cleans things up.
Basically you're setting the suspension so it transfers as little motion as possible into the frame, that the bike just floats over bumps.

@sixpack577 I no longer have my gen2, and there is a thread still here somewhere with my final settings in it, but I've yet to find it again.

It's Tufbusa, help
I don't know how to link the thread but if you search that and use sixpack under member it'll come right up

Last edited:
@sixpack577 I no longer have my gen2, and there is a thread still here somewhere with my final settings in it, but I've yet to find it again.

It's Tufbusa, help
I don't know how to link the thread but if you search that and use sixpack under member it'll come right up

Thanks man,
I thought that was the name,
but when I searched for it, it wouldn't show up.
Maybe it'll work for the OP:beerchug:

It's Tufbusa, help
Thanks man,
I thought that was the name,
but when I searched for it, it wouldn't show up.
Maybe it'll work for the OP:beerchug:
Here ya go fellas...
Tufbusa Suspension Thread

we've got skeeters here that can stand flatfooted and impregnate a turkey...
:lol:
Enjoy your first bike just be careful. I have a story similar to yours and I haven't had a crash other than a couple garage tip overs since buying the ZX-14 and Hayabusa in 2008.

Ahh well that sucks even NC is several hours from me. Daytona only a couple hours and A1A 1 hour so there are nice places to ride.

Welcome and nice bike, looks like it has well thought out mods and I am happy you are moving that license plate as that was the only thing I was thrown off about.

Back