1st ever--collapsible frame slider

boazalmighty

Purple Rain - Dino
Donating Member
Registered
its pretty cool

when you dont feel the need for it, just fold it into the fairing and walla its outta sight

BEFORE

DSC00043.jpg

and AFTER:bowdown:

DSC00070.jpg

if anyone is intersted in this mod...
im in contact with the manufacturer at www.gravelkickedmya$$.com
and he pretty much told me he could sell these at cost if i have at least 5 people wanting to buy in.
[road rash sold sepratly

Last edited:
looks like you slipped on a wet noodle! Sorry about the get off. Glad you are OK, the bike is just, well, a bike!

Wow. broke off right at the base eh? I would be contacting the mfg and ask them if they plan on fixing your bike. (Not that they would)

That aint funny, at least you are okay, you sure was doing some nice burnouts.

Yeah, that looks really nasty! Glad you're taking it so well, but still . . . Felt like you had enough problems with the turbo, brotha, sorry to hear about this.

The term sliders, shouldn't really be used, it's misleading. The 'slider' posts are protection for the tip overs, or fall overs. Hard to prevent damage on the real spills, which is what that second pic looks like.

Sorry for your crash. Hope you're ok.

Now that's what I call a sense of humor! Good for you for keeping your spirits high and best of luck getting it back together. :cheerleader:

The term sliders, shouldn't really be used, it's misleading. The 'slider' posts are protection for the tip overs, or fall overs. Hard to prevent damage on the real spills, which is what that second pic looks like.

Sorry for your crash. Hope you're ok.

'Frame Sliders' are there to protect the frame by absorbing the impact and grinding off while the bike is sliding. They aren't meant to protect the fairings.

Sorry about your spill. I think I would be looking for a different set if one broke off like that. Looks like the mounting bolt snapped.

Noodles you rock!! Sorry i laughed after reading your post. That's the best way to deal with a fubar. See ya at the next M&G with new parts and another rock'in paint job. :thumbsup:

While we are talking about sliders... I don't have any scientific evidence, but I heard the metal type sliders will be more likely to grab and break versus the delrin which will slide more. Just some fuel for thought...

Wow. broke off right at the base eh? I would be contacting the mfg and ask them if they plan on fixing your bike. (Not that they would)

better the base than the frame....

the frame slider didn't make him go down so why talk to mfg??

man that sucks. Now you can go for a new paint job. Good luck
Posted via Mobile Device

That sucks dude. Paint was nice. They did good work with the shadows.

Glad you're keeping your sense of humor about it. :laugh:

'Frame Sliders' are there to protect the frame by absorbing the impact and grinding off while the bike is sliding. They aren't meant to protect the fairings.

better the base than the frame....

the frame slider didn't make him go down so why talk to mfg??

Both excellent points.

Glad your okay and keeping a good sense of humor about it all.
One of the prettiest bikes for sure. You are keeping the same scheme when you fix I hope. Love that paint.

Back