1st Busa Blast

paineless4u

Donating Member
Registered
Does this thing ever stop pulling? I logged the first 203 miles on my new bike and I have to tell you it is really really fun. I pulled off the highway and was laughing my a$$ off literally. I got it to 160 (indicated) but ran out of room and there was some traffic. Handles great, transmission is a little glitchy and the wind tears ya up but man o man this beast is extremely fast. I went for a spin yesterday and I live right at the bottom of the Italian Aps so I realized I am very fortunate to have so many twisties 3 minutes from my house. I will practice them a bit this weekend. I still prefer the straightblasts over the twisties but that might change. I'll take the camera out with me and post soon.

It's a great feeling! Can't wait to get back and ride again.

biggrin.gif
you have been bitten by the Busa Bug.
laugh.gif
Injoy and get us some pictures.
cool.gif

Does this thing ever stop pulling? I logged the first 203 miles on my new bike and I have to tell you it is really really fun. I pulled off the highway and was laughing my a$$ off literally. I got it to 160 (indicated) but ran out of room and there was some traffic. Handles great, transmission is a little glitchy and the wind tears ya up but man o man this beast is extremely fast. I went for a spin yesterday and I live right at the bottom of the Italian Aps so I realized I am very fortunate to have so many twisties 3 minutes from my house. I will practice them a bit this weekend. I still prefer the straightblasts over the twisties but that might change. I'll take the camera out with me and post soon.
Excellent, and no, it never stops pullin'... Well, I know it pulls to 174 indicated and beyond anyway. Others will have to confirm that it pulls any higher than that.
biggrin.gif

Transmission will smooth out with some miles. Usually it is a LOT better by the time you get the 600 mile service done.
wink.gif

As for the violent wind, it doesn't have to be. Get yerself a Double Bubble windscreen (Zero Gravity or PUIG are good ones). 174 indicated was absolutely as smooth as 74mph for me with the ZG DB screen. It turns the busa into a whole new ride, trust me.
wink.gif

Glad yer enjoyin' the busa experience. It truly is an amazing ride!
super.gif

wink.gif

Thinking about a ride to Germany, can get the Mobil one red cap out there much cheaper. Just have to take a back pack. I notice that I was having a hard time shifting into 2nd, then that ceased and now it is glitchy shifting into 4th? I will switch the earl and see if that helps, where can I get a good oil wrench? I have always hand tightened but apparently this thing needs a full 2 turns once the gasket touches?
rock.gif

Congrats on your new Busa, Have fun, be careful. Can't wait to see them pics.

Ok Ok, so I took a long lunch today, don't tell the boss. Hit the twisties and it was just as fun as ever.

Blast is a good word.....Have fun and be careful out there! Post pics as soon as you get a chance..

Have a fast one!

Dan

Ok Ok, so I took a long lunch today, don't tell the boss. Hit the twisties and it was just as fun as ever.

...where can I get a good oil wrench? I have always hand tightened but apparently this thing needs a full 2 turns once the gasket touches?
rock.gif
Suzuki makes an oil filter wrench. Check with your dealer and see if they have them. Most auto parts houses have wrenches that fit the zook filter as well but some don't work well in the space behind the headers though.

Oh, and don't switch to Mobil 1 until you have at least 1500-2000 miles on 'er. You want everything to wear in and seat good before you go wtih synthetic oil.
wink.gif

My Busa didn't start to develop its real hp till' around 750 miles or so....and at 1250 or so its still getting faster. Its slower to break in so don't stick synthetic in it till at least 2000 miles on the clock. You'll notice a BIG diff in power at 750 to 800 miles tho.....so get ready for the "oh sh*t" freight train every time you wind it up once its broke in. And try winding it up near redline through the higher gears....I dare you to keep it there the first time without instinctively backing off and thinking....oh my g*d!!!! It pulls as hard or harder in the upper gears as the lower ones....I think it was designed that way actaully...either way its kinda scary the first few times....then it gets downright addictive
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif
have fun
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|The Big Red One
Reason for Edit: None given...|1099624585 -->

Yeah I think I am just not used to the shifting on this bike. I rode another 04 and his did the same thing,,,,,,,maybe it is the boots I'm wearing. 584 miles on it now and doing the service so maybe this weekend I will break it in some more and feel out the top end.

Yes be careful, post pics, and watch that redline!!!!
rock.gif
?

Break her in or she break you.

R's N

Back