1st Annual Hayabusa.org Meet-n-Greet!

Last Minute, Little <table style=filter:glow(color=Blue)>IDEA</table> just an Idea,

If we have it in Colorado, could we do it the Weekend before Moto GP and then most of the folks on their way out here anyway would only have to make 1 trip. and then we could do a hayabusa caravan from CO to CA and have real fun.

I know a few busa riders who would make the trek out to CO.

On the other hand, I have come to expect that the Laguna Seca weekend has been the Hayabusa meeting anyway. Swan and her people ride from Vancouver to the races and there are a few Floridians, and everyone else in between that I have met with every year as well for the AMA /SBK.

The Cannery Row event has grown to two nights and there has been so much growth for Sport Bikes that it will be a great boom to American bike sales in general when all is considered.  

Just my ranting. but I think that the meeting should be strategically planned out on actual membership demographics.

If you told some guy who rides a Yami, Kawi, Honda, Aprilia, Ducati, Harley even a modified Twin or a little GSXR that there is going to be a hayabusa club meeting somewhere do you think that they will not want to come? Lots of fans here.

I know there are many members that do not have busas but are true to this site, and that, is the coolest part of our world , the diversity.

So that's why I believe the Capt. (knowing how much time is already spent supporting this site) should either delegate the research and based upon those numbers make the decision.

Roy
R'sN

<!--EDIT|RidersNation
Reason for Edit: None given...|1100304107 -->

Guys I'm with you. But, I left it up to the membership to decide how many meets and where.... Driving to meet others who share the love of bikes (any kind) is what makes the event worth the drive. As far as exact numbers we should have a much better figure on November 27th. TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO VOTE FOR YOUR CHOICE IN THE PRELIMINARYS.....

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>THE POLLS HAVE CLOSED! TO SEE THE RESULTS VISIT THEM!</span>

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>I NEED FOLKS TO POST THEIR CHOICE FOR "WHEN" THE MEET-N-GREET IS TO TAKE PLACE..... MUST LIMIT YOUR CHOICE TO THE YEAR 2005</span>
WHILE WE WAIT FOR THE FINAL TALLEY CONCERNING THE WHERE (POLLS WILL CLOSE FOR THIS ON NOVEMBER 27TH, 2004. 12 NOON KANSAS TIME (CMT))

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>THE POLLS HAVE CLOSED! TO SEE THE RESULTS VISIT THEM!</span>

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>I NEED FOLKS TO POST THEIR CHOICE FOR "WHEN" THE MEET-N-GREET IS TO TAKE PLACE..... MUST LIMIT YOUR CHOICE TO THE YEAR 2005</span>
WHILE WE WAIT FOR THE FINAL TALLEY CONCERNING THE WHERE (POLLS WILL CLOSE FOR THIS ON NOVEMBER 27TH, 2004. 12 NOON KANSAS TIME (CMT))
bump.gif

Sounds like a great idea. Colorado would be my vote. Also, planning on the trip to Laguna Seca in July.

Hardly any Suggestions on WHEN to do this..... Lets get the think tank rolling!
I've heard Memorial Day & the Fourth of July.

I'm free to meet anytime. Just remember, hotel rates are much higher on a holiday weekend, so anyone on a budget may not be able to swing the extra cost.

KS THEN I GUESS THE LOGICAL WOULD BE 4th of July then following weekend, Laguna Seca, Cannery Row!!!!!!!!!!

I've heard the same two holiday weekends plus someone mentioned August. Surely there are some more folks out there who either agree or need to post their thoughts on when to make this happen.....
smile.gif

Initially, having Arkansas and North Carolina both in the running caused a split vote. I am now calling out to those North Carolina and other voters from before to now vote for Arkansas. Let's meet in Eureka Springs in September! I will come see you guys and gals at Deals Gap in the spring and then everyone can meet in Northwest Arkansas in the fall. Please place your vote for Arkansas!

Do we got votes and polls goin on all over the place or what?
Weekend over the 4th of July would work great for me. So that is my vote. Get it where it belongs if this is not the right place.

Do we got votes and polls goin on all over the place or what?
Weekend over the 4th of July would work great for me. So that is my vote. Get it where it belongs if this is not the right place.

I have been reading the posts as a guest for about a year now and have done several of the mods that I read about on this site to my 04LE. If my wife will get me a digital camera (hint, hint) for Christmas, I will post a pic or two of the fastest color Busa.

I would like to attend your Meet-n-Greet. I am about equal distance from NW Arkansas and Denver Colorado so that is not an issue. I am voting for Arkansas though because of the experiences I have had while riding in Colorado. The scenery is absolutely beautiful, but the temperature changes too drastically between the lower and higher elevations. When carrying a passenger, there is simply not enough room on the Hayabusa to carry 2 cold weather jackets, 2 pants, 2 gloves, and all your other gear to keep from freezing to your Tobins when up high. If you try to wear it all you burn up down low.

I see enough snow at home. I will welcome the change of a little warmer climate. Not too hot though, so my vote is for September or early October in Eureka Springs.

Bill

I'm still out of town so its been very difficult to keep an eye on the polls... You can post your suggestions on either post; I watch them both! Keep the ideas coming.

I voted for Arkansas, simply because its not tooo far a drive for me. I *might* make the CO one if it happens but thats a solid 2day commute each way and there's just so much vacation time to be taken in a year. Not sure if I'd be able to burn 4days of time off driving
sad.gif

Back