1k shortstacks install pics

sean06

Registered
The install was easy, it just took a bit of time. Here are a few pics to show the difference in the stock busa stacks and the 07-08 gixxer 1k short stacks. I think a better name for them would be "no stacks", these things are very short. After seeing this I cant imagine these wont do anything. Id say they have to help or hurt somewhat. Thats a huge difference in runner length. Ill first try all shorts at the track and if that doesnt do anything I will try 2 longs and 2 shorts. And if it still does nothing I guess I just go back to the stock stacks since they seem to be working well. Im pretty sure my 06 gixxer 1k came with 2 short stacks and 2 long's from the factory, maybe thats the best of both worlds. And after I figure out what stack setup works best, Ill try pulling the airfilter to see if thats worth anything.

Enjoy the pics.

DSC02591.jpg

DSC02592.jpg

DSC02576.jpg

DSC02580.jpg

DSC02595.jpg

DSC02598.jpg

shorter stacks more High rpm hp
longer stacks more low rpm tq

Plenty of info on here and google explaining why, but to sum it up its all about air velocity

My bike was used to do a no air filter test at HPC ... there was no gain above the high flow filter (mine is the K& N race). Greg did have to tune differently for filter in and filter out but ended up with the same numbers. Haven't tested the stacks yet but was planning to one of these days.

YSI408 you are pretty good . From just a pic of the kitchen countertop you can tell he has a nice house:rofl::poke:. :laugh:

Peace......

Is that real marble ?:rofl:

Last edited:
Back