1999 speedometer into 2007

usfr122

Registered
hi guys.
i am sure i am not the only one who does not like that the hayabusa now only reads 180 on the dash. so i found a used 1999 busa cluster that reads 220mph!
is it plug and play? would it fit? will my speed be off?

:please: please help guys with any feed back or facts

:thumbsup: thanks alot

Plug and play!

It should have the same error rate as your original.

Yep I had the same issue, Found a set off a 2000 and had face plates made for it.

Just plug it in, It should be close enough to keep you out of trouble, I speedo healer might be a good idea though.

===================================================================

000_3066.jpg

what error are you talking about?
do you guys think it would be better to use the whole thing or what should i do. i am new in the motorcycle world!

what error are you talking about?
do you guys think it would be better to use the whole thing or what should i do. i am new in the motorcycle world!

Even your stock gauges are off after a certain speed, I cant remember what percent but they will be off, A speedo healer will solve that problem, 220s will be off as well and a speedo healer will solve that as well.

I put the 220s on mine and when in traffic just keep it 10mph under the posted speed limit which seems to be about right. Once over 90mph Im really not worried about how fast Im going so It doesnt matter to me if there correct or not, and once over 140mph Im not looking down at the speedo anyway.

So to sum this up, Even your stock gauges are off to some extent, I think showing 180mph is actually 168pmh ( someone correct me if Im wrong here ) So swap out to the 220s ( more for the look ) and get a speedo healer and you will be dead on.

Last edited:
thanks alot. now is your speedometer off and if so .. by how much and can you give an example so i can understand better.

thanks alot. now is your speedometer off and if so .. by how much and can you give an example so i can understand better.

Mine is off about 10mph

If Im going 50mph it will show 60mph so I just keep this in mind and ride 10mph faster than the speed limit.

Without a Speedo Healer there is really no way to be 100% accurate ( Even with stock gauges there is error from the factory, 6% I think ) I had a buddy ride next to me and when we were doing 60 he let me know and my gauges were showing 70,

Busa's 2001 and newer are restricted to 186mph. Several ways to remove it, even so, with exhaust and tune you'll still only be into the 190's. 220mph is very expensive to achieve:laugh: The guages still look cool though.

so if i swap the cluster with the 220 one from 1999 in to 2007 and put speedohealer. then i will be acurate on the reading???

or if i replaced the face of the plate to 220 with speedo healer?

???

so if i swap the cluster with the 220 one from 1999 in to 2007 and put speedohealer. then i will be acurate on the reading???

or if i replaced the face of the plate to 220 with speedo healer?

???

Correct about the swapping clusters and using a speedo healer, This will make your Speedometer accurate.

Im not sure about swapping out just faceplates, I would think the numbers wouldnt line up the same, The numbers on a 220 set are closer together so I would think the cluster itself is calibrated differently, Not sure if speedo healer would adjust for that.

Anyone got any ideas on this

And do not forget your odometer will be off. Might affect resale value, unless both clusters had the same mileage.

And do not forget your odometer will be off. Might affect resale value, unless both clusters had the same mileage.

True, I got lucky, Mine was 800 miles less than the original. So you all keep that in mind if I ever decide to sell her because I dought I will let that be known to the seller :whistle:

Back