1999   220 speedometer

qwknuf6

Registered
Is it still aval new? I found part # 34120-24F70 ,not sure if that is the whole unit or not ,I think it would be a direct swap for 2006 model

Mark

Not a direct swap... will drive the odometer off farther than normal...

(MC MUSTANG @ Jan. 21 2007,09:16) Not a direct swap... will drive the odometer off farther than normal...
sorry you are incorrect....direct swap. Same trasnmissions.....same gearing.....bikes are gear driven and transmission based speedos.

biggrin.gif

(suzuki4life @ Jan. 21 2007,11:28)
(MC MUSTANG @ Jan. 21 2007,09:16) Not a direct swap... will drive the odometer off farther than normal...
sorry you are incorrect....direct swap. Same trasnmissions.....same gearing.....bikes are gear driven and transmission based speedos.
Okay, I don't mean to pass bum gouge, so I'll stand back on this one - but - here is my problem. The guages are the same size right? So if the faces are the same size, but the numbers are smaller, wouldn't the same speed read differently on the two gauges? BTW, I meant speedo when I typed odo in my last post...

Stepping back away from the keyboard....

Swapping faceplates messes up the difference between the odometer and speedo quite a bit, swapping the complete gauge cluster which the original poster asked about is a bolt on affair and keeps the odometer and speedometer closer together. The more you change your gearing from stock the more your od and speedo will not match up, no matter what you do. Pretty sure we just went through this, didn't we S4L?

(qwknuf6 @ Jan. 21 2007,10:06) Is it still aval new? I found part # 34120-24F70  ,not sure if that is the whole unit or not ,I think it would be a direct swap for 2006 model

Mark
That is the same model number as the '01-'06. Try this number for the '99-'00 instead #1 34120-24F12. It comes without the visor assembly #2 34150-24F00 or the case assembly #7 34130-24F01. Not sure if they are still availible but that is what I came up with.

gaugecluster.jpg

(jjmetheny @ Jan. 21 2007,12:53) Swapping faceplates messes up the difference between the odometer and speedo quite a bit, swapping the complete gauge cluster which the original poster asked about is a bolt on affair and keeps the odometer and speedometer closer together. The more you change your gearing from stock the more your od and speedo will not match up, no matter what you do. Pretty sure we just went through this, didn't we S4L?
busa speedos are electronic but driven off your speedo sensor in your countersprocket cover.

Soooo......

same tranny
same gearing
same sensor
but different guages.

Gauges interpet input signal and create speed ie: output.

Guage merely move slightly different increments to accomadate the higher speed potential.

Do it...it works. Add the speedo healer for gear changes or speed refinement.

I got an extra set of guages1999-2000 if you need them. Can't remember milage on them thou. I'll let them go 1/2 the price of new ones. Just let me know.
super.gif

(1 BAD 2K @ Jan. 23 2007,10:27) I got an extra set of guages1999-2000 if you need them. Can't remember milage on them thou. I'll let them go 1/2 the price of new ones. Just let me know.
super.gif
$200-220 is about the average price of these guages used.

I have seen them sell for $100 already though.

OK then, If you still want them I sell them to you for $150(what I paid) plus shipping & insurance for $175. I'll try to do next day or at least 2 day shipping. Let me know.

It'll still be off with the '99 cluster, about 8-12% high. It's not from swapping it, but just the way they are.

You're probably better off just getting face plates and a speedo-healer or similar product.

I got a set for $160 tyd just the guages only and you use your covers,lmk...miles are high but great for blue guage mod..

i have a '99 and she is all taken apart right now with the guage cluster exposed. let me know if you want me to find the part number!!
lurk.gif

63303794710982284523.jpg

Back