1999 Fat Tire Hayabusa Value

scott123456789

Registered
Potentially looking to trade for this bike but getting an incredible range on the value.

Specs
330 Tire Kit (Not sure of the brand)
None of the original parts included in deal

10k miles

has not been laid down

overall in good shape.

Seems like most 330 kits cost $5-6k, but then there are some bikes with the kit installed for only $5k.

busa1.jpg

busa2.jpg

free bump...i would just say honestly its only worth what someone is willing to pay. If it was mine and i was trying to sell i would start round 8-9 k and slowly drop from there.

This unfortunately is going to be one of those times where someone is really going to have to want to buy a fat tire kit bike...When you can buy used Gen 2 Hayabusa's 08+ for $7500 all day long and Gen 1's 99-07 averaging $4500 it's going to be a tough sale to gage a price for the parts on it... Realistically I would start about $8k but I would expect you to get about $5k for it as it sits...After market parts just don't do that much for resale unfortunately.

Aftermarket parts don't add to a bike value. That bike is only worth just under 5k if it's in mint condition.

It's only when you got 30-40k in a bike (most case turbo bikes) is when you can get significant money over it's blue book value.

You would honestly be better off returning the bike back to stock (at least the swing arm and wheel) and selling the tire kit separately.

Last edited:
A 99 is a great bike due to its the first year but only if it runs like new . I'd sell the kit and go stock unless that's what you want.

Get on ebay or maybe somebody on here has a stock swingarm, chain, and wheel for a decent price. Take off the fat tire kit and sell that separately. It's like everybody on here has been saying. Most guys are having a hard time offloading Gen1's for $5K. A fat tire is an acquired taste 2 say the least. To some that might actually deter them from the bike.

Back