1998 SEA-DOO GTX

landmissle

Registered
My gym buddy has a 1998 sea-doo GTX for sale for $800. The girl that owned it before ran it out of oil and the motor siezed up. My buddy bought it and hasn't done anything with it. I looked it over last night and it has beed garage kept and looks pretty good. Anyway I'm tempted to grab it and put a motor in it. Ihave replaced motors in ten or more cars over the years so I can turn a wrench. Any thoughts? Pit falls???

how bad is it? Is the crank shot? Or does it just need noew pistons? I've owned a number of Sea-doos.

If the motor spins you will probably only need to rebuild the top of the motor and there's no need to put a new one in it.

It will most likely cost you more than $800 dollars to fix but if you do buy it and fix it SeaDoo are normally pretty good ski's

Take a look at Short Block Technology. When we used to be a Sea-Doo dealer we bought ALOT of motors from them.

(vman1300 @ Jun. 28 2007,11:39) Take a look at Short Block Technology. When we used to be a Sea-Doo dealer we bought ALOT of motors from them.
+1 .... on SBT
also bought motors from them

(vman1300 @ Jun. 28 2007,12:39) Take a look at Short Block Technology. When we used to be a Sea-Doo dealer we bought ALOT of motors from them.
+1 on SBT

It's going to be a constant maintenance toy. I have not priced a replacement short block, but they run around $1200, then you have to install the motor...

Have fun....

I just watched "How it's made" on TV and they showed the motor being installed then the top of the water toy being glued to the bottom half! Hope you don't have to split a joint like that to work on it!!!
all_coholic.gif

Back