1963 Chevy II

Skywalker

Donating Member
Registered
Well, I have posted my 1970 1/2 Z28 in the past with my now 16 year old son that will have this car some day... maybe... LOL. So, I have a problem, my 14 year old has not toy and it's just not fare! I found this and the owner is at $3800 and it's a rust free very straight car and would make one heck of a hot rod especially if we build the 454 sitting in my garage. Any Chevy II lovers in the crowd! I have looked at the car in person and just love how simple they are and could do this. A friend said it will never have the value of a Camaro and that is most likely true but I'm not really looking that far ahead and maybe just a keeper that my son will enjoy for a long long time once finished. I just sent the ownder an email and said $3200 and this is a done deal. Thouhts, suggestions. :beerchug:

63 Chevy II.JPG

Thats basically my dream car (with the built 454)... as long as he shows interest in doing the work with you on it I say its well worth the money for the bonding experience alone ! :thumbsup:

I had a 65 model, 327, 4 speed, great times in that car.

Drawback is the suspension and brakes. Coil over on the front, makes for a tight engine bay and they don't handle well.
Brakes is the other, most had 4 wheel drum.

still they are a great car.

good find... :thumbsup:

Last edited:
bonding for sure and he would help as they both get dirty on the Z28 already. That is worth everything and something to think of when I'm old and druling and in the old folks home! :laugh::laugh:

Thats basically my dream car (with the built 454)... as long as he shows interest in doing the work with you on it I say its well worth the money for the bonding experience alone ! :thumbsup:

I would most def convert to a super suspension and BREMBO's and the best parts I can afford to take care of the handling! Isn't is nice to remember those fun days. And old boy named Squirt Web had a 63 painted War Bonnet Gold with a 327 when I was like 13 and I still have stains from that experiance! LOL :whistle:

I had a 65 model, 327, 4 speed, great times in that car.

Drawback is the suspension and brakes. Coil over on the front, makes for a tight engine bay and they don't handle well.
Brakes is the other, most had 4 wheel drum.

still they are a great car.

good find... :thumbsup:

Buy it!!!!!!!!!!! They are worth it. My uncle's is a '63 and looks so sick when it's at shows and hitting the strip.

very nice.I had a 63,put 17x8 torque thrust II's in back (which barely fit)and 16x7's in front
bought a 383 stroker for it but got a divorce and had to sell..car sold the first day i put it in the paper....tried to sell the engine,only one person called so I kept it found a truck with a blown engine for 500 bucks and put the engine in that....tons of aftermarket parts for that car....good luck!! P.S. I sold mine for 2500 with no engine or tranny

Picture 964.jpg

Looks great and that is some good ideals on the wheels. Those look great! Sorry about the DIVORSE! Might just need to get me one of those as well! :whistle:

very nice.I had a 63,put 17x8 torque thrust II's in back (which barely fit)and 16x7's in front
bought a 383 stroker for it but got a divorce and had to sell..car sold the first day i put it in the paper....tried to sell the engine,only one person called so I kept it found a truck with a blown engine for 500 bucks and put the engine in that....tons of aftermarket parts for that car....good luck!! P.S. I sold mine for 2500 with no engine or tranny

I drove from Chattanooga to Miami to trade a 70 plain jane Nova for a 67 Chevy II last week. The Chevy II sold in 4 days for 3 times the money and we didn't even have a chance to do a thing with it. It looks like its good and straight. Good find!:thumbsup:

We built a nice .60 over 350 for my uncle and put it in his 63 Nova. Headers are EXPENSIVE for this car, but you can put a few year's S10 rear ends under them to get a better gear. His had the 13" tires and when we test drove it the car felt like our transmission was slipping. It wasn't. Seriously, every time I rocked the pedal down the engine would flair up. The tires couldn't get a hold on the asphalt. On a wet road you had to fight it to keep straight.

He also changed out the steering and put a later model on it to improve the drive. I can find out if you want.

pick it up man well worth it try to find a classic in that condition and at that price now a days is becoming rare. Just remember make your son tear out the interior and take it apart it'll teach him to respect it a lot more and it'll be a great bonding experience.:beerchug:

I drove from Chattanooga to Miami to trade a 70 plain jane Nova for a 67 Chevy II last week. The Chevy II sold in 4 days for 3 times the money and we didn't even have a chance to do a thing with it. It looks like its good and straight. Good find!:thumbsup:

I would love to have a 67 Chevy II and maybe a 67 Impala.

~sigh~ I miss my 66 Chevelle SS.

nice ride just invest in one of the alston chassis front ends its a straight bolt in, then the 454 will slide right in with just regular headers you dont have to get crazy with the fit in those stock shock towers

Back