190 or 200

Mike C

Registered
I am getting ready to order a new rear shinko 003 and I was going to get a 200 but people keep saying it is alot heavier than a 190 does anyone know the weights of the two so I can make up my mind. thanks

Dont know the weight but it will be harder to turn/lean on curves with a 200.
i have used both the 190 and 200 shinko, both in the ultra soft stealth and the 005 versions, neither is a good corner tire anyway, and all the 200 did was slow my bike down...if you think about it... 10mm wider that 10mm isnt necessarily on the ground either as the tire is still round last time i checked, so in essence you still have the same foot print on the ground when you ride, unless you are riding with 12 psi at the drag strip....then the 200 may actually hit the swingarm from bowing outwards, by the way I love my shinko's all the roads around here are long and straight anyway....been on them for 3 years and 22 thousand miles (3 sets)

Last edited:
I dont plan on knee dragging it's exstended and lowered just more for look's and a few trip's to the track so I just want to know what the weight difference is everytime someone says 200 rear tire someone allway's say's it is so much heavier than a 190.

Logic would say that there is more contact with a 200 then 190. But its probably only 2 mm. Thought about it some more. It might be less if you are putting it on a 190 rim.

Last edited:
I'm extended and run a 003 in 200. Fills up the area between the swingarm, does not contact the arm and looks good.

Logic would say that there is more contact with a 200 then 190. But its probably only 2 mm. Thought about it some more. It might be less if you are putting it on a 190 rim.

I've been told differently and it's something to do with the rim. I've been told the 190 actually has a larger contact patch. Maybe one of the drag guys can help.

yes do3 my 190 hooks up way better at the drag strip then the 200 did on the same rim

That could depend. The wider tire mounted on the same wheel could mean more bend in the tire at the same PSI and actually cause less of a contact patch.

well either way I ordered the 200 on Tuesday and ups droped it off on Thursday I just wanted to say thanks to Doug at Spencercycles for the good price and the fast shipping.:beerchug:

Back