**190 Hp Club**

Frank Adams

Registered
How many of us are planning on doing ANY motor work?
What are your Plans?

Make a list of things that you might want done and maybe some of the members can shed some light on thier experiences, help get each other in the right direction.

Remember, it's not taking very much for the Busa to get to 190Hp...

Frank put my black one on lift this morning...she`s coming down...I know exactly what I`m going to do except piston size...either 2mm over or stock high comp ...I want to check the sealing between cylinders first. Figure it will take 6-8 weeks to finish....chrome will probably be the hold up.

I should have the '00 Busa this week which means that she should be in surgery by the end of the month for the transformation. 200
hp. is my goal with the use of a 1360cc piston kit, porting and polishing, 5 angle
valve job, airbox tricks, remapping, etc.
Once out of surgery, she'll need lots of chrome, extended swingarm and 1.5 sixty foot
times to look good as well as run hard enough
to eclipse the 8.99 mark through the quarter.
Am I dreaming? Hell no. Peace out.

Wolf, compression ratio on both pistons are the same(J&E) 12.77 to 1 My personal opinion and what I have finally decided to do after looking at the busa cylinder is to go with the stock bore replacement pistons. I think if you ride a lot the cylinder walls will just not hold up with 2mm over. If soneone is racing or possibly riding on a limited basis 2 or 3mm will probably be all right. You will need the extra compression pistons with the added duration on web cams. I`m shooting for 190-195 with a very streetable bike. This will require larger valves and good port work. Web also has a intake cam that for limited use such as what Franks doing should be a killer...395 lift..thats getting a little to big for everyday street use.

cbxchris,
is there any advantage to stock high compression pistons vs 2mm over. I'm really concerned with rideability; ride hard everyday (weather permitting) about 10k a season.
I'm also having work done - shooting for 195hp. Really want 200hp however, told it was not possible without piston change.

Cbx, i don't think the reliability will be there even on a 3mm over.

i'd stay with a 2mm or under to be on the safe side.

since your finally bringing one of your Bad Busa's out on the table, I'd like to see how far you can go with Hp useing compression with the stock bore.

what do ya think?

Frank I don`t think I can make 200 with stock bore...just a guess but 2mm over is probably good for 5-8 HP...although it will depend on engine set up...cam settings,carberation,etc. I still would really like to go the 2mm over but if I want a truely ridable bike that I can get on and take a trip if needed the cylinder walls are thin at best. I am going to talk to turbo Rick tonight ...he will have more insight on the 2mm over deal..may just order another set and then I will have both . I have been trying like hell to locate a engine but with no luck...wanted to have a spare to build. I figure to be lucky to get 190-195 out of stock bore...noticed carpenter claims 202 with 2mm over which I`m sure he has done. If it weren`t for the trouble of the injection I would really like to put the engine on a super-flow dyno...its a pain to make all the engine stands to connect it to dyno and I`m not that in to that much trouble for a street bike.

Cbx, As you probably know I'm going with the 1360 this time around.
From what I understand were going all out on this motor. Not real sure yet if it's going to be stroked. Still tossing that one around.
I do know that were not going to go compression crazy on this motor either.

And Cbx, I really think the 1360 will be a reliable street motor.
At least mine will be, it's not going to have a choice!

Also remember, there is a challenge from my engine builder.
He's challengeing "SuperBike Mike" to a motor build.

I guess we'll have to see if Ole "Sbm" will show up at g-ville this coming spring.

It's going to be interesting!

Rad Greaves #70 Formula Extreme Busa was way up close to the 200 mark with out a bore job.
I recall a number of 197 as a goal from their engineer.

Cams, porting, valvejob, pipe, and FI tweeks.
And serious concerns controling temperature.

Frank, tell your engine builder to pick on someone his own size. I will challenge SBM to build a better bike and i have never came close to tearing one down. he will just send out bits and pieces and then put his name on it. that's even if he shows up.

Back