181mph Go Kart run at LSR today-VIDEO and PICS

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Ever seen a GO KART go 181mph ? Well I just did. Insane !
The very minute we pulled up this guy was in the middle of a run.
No sooner did I get out his right rear tire blew out at over 181mph !!!!!!!!!!
He slid sideways in a plume of smoke and slid for at least a 1/4 mile.
Amazing he did not roll. Guess its the simple lowness of it but I'm sure it was not fun to be spinning with a flat tire at that speed in a Go Kart.
They told me they are having problems finding tires for a Go Kart that can handle 200mph...???
Really...No 'you know what' !
Something not many make I'm sure and definitely a small market !
See pics and here video where his mechanic talks about it when I ask.
He also says its been high 180s and they are shooting for 200 which will be a world record I believ he says.

R1 engine , all hand made EVERYTHING .
I know its just and R1 engine with a Vance & Hines exhaust but because its in a Go Kart that friggin thing sounded wicked !
Triple disc brakes with calipers from bike I believe he said.
The ingenuity was incredible.
I knew it was a stupid question to ask why but I did anyway.
I thought maybe there was some sort of group of Karters doing this.
He said with the usual speedfreak smile.....I don't Know !

Heres a few pics as well as videos.
The first video he goes 177mph !
Second one same if not faster.
Again apologies on the video of the passes.
This one especially because of his small size is very hard to follow well without tripod which I could not find.
I did also a vid up close but its diff to hear over the wind.
I needed a cotton ball for the handicam.

Blown right rear happened just as I pulled up
LSRinMiamiApril102010032.jpg

R1 engine w/Vance & Hines dragpipe on it
LSRinMiamiApril102010034.jpg

LSRinMiamiApril102010035.jpg

Hand made tub, frame, steering, and alot of other stuff
LSRinMiamiApril102010037.jpg

Triple Disc brakes
LSRinMiamiApril102010033.jpg

Some really cool lookin 3D camera system with dual lenses on it.
Had a few mounted all over it. Yes it say 3d on cams ?
Not sure if they actually film in that or its just the name but 3D at 180 in a GO Kart would be cool !
LSRinMiamiApril102010036.jpg

And one loose bungie cord on his trailer Adam was kind enough to fix..:laugh:
LSRinMiamiApril102010038.jpg

Why are you doing this?

I don't know.

That's classic. Perfect answer. :thumbsup: :laugh:

I'm watching my own videos still gigglin'.
That thing is too cool, and I have already had to promise Adam when he grows up daddy will buy him one just like that but blue...:laugh:

WOW!!!!:thumbsup:
Can't imagine the contorl needed to drive that kart at speed. The steering has to be super sensitive. But I bet it's alot of fun.............

If someone wants to try and copy this I have a 2007 GSXR 1000 engine need a wire harness air box and exhaust. Engine had about 4,000 miles on it when my cousin broke the bike in 1/2 with a tree. . . . poor bike some people really don't need bikes but he was too hard headed to listen lucky he walked away. Anyways, 800 + shipping for the engine and computer if someone interested. :beerchug:

If someone wants to try and copy this I have a 2007 GSXR 1000 engine need a wire harness air box and exhaust. Engine had about 4,000 miles on it when my cousin broke the bike in 1/2 with a tree. . . . poor bike some people really don't need bikes but he was too hard headed to listen lucky he walked away. Anyways, 800 + shipping for the engine and computer if someone interested. :beerchug:

May have a buy!!!
will contact shortly

I feel very lucky to be here and to read along about your experience. I love racing and although I’m a newbie on this area I always look to be up to date with all related events. The photos are pretty nice and videos are very representative for the way you see racing activity.

I have always wanted to do that.And I thought useing a 250 2 stroke on a shifter cart was nuts, a litter motor, thats stupid fast.

That cart is just bad A~!~

Looks like a little rubbing on the exhaust from that rear tire (probably after it blew).

just go out, pin your Bus, and then jump on the tank & kick your feet over the windshield.......same thing, LoL

Back