175, fastest so far.

Lazerblade

Protector of Freedom
Donating Member
Registered
Yup, still a pup here but that is the fastest I have ever gone on land. Whoo hooo!

Don't under estimate it. Little at a time, little at a time.
biggrin.gif

That's it?  We went that fast doubled up on the old Z1 in 1974... okay maybe it was only 130 indicated.

Faster'n me!

Hey NMSU welcome! I was born in Las Cruces. It's wierd seeing it in text. Do you go to NMSU?

Only 175 Lazer.......guess that rules out the orange as being the fastest color.
JK dude......nice run.......but there's more!!!!!!!!

LOL Monster, it was me that slowed down not the bike. She was willing. I will get there. It's just a tad bid different than my HD Road King.
smile.gif

Trust me, I got the rush even if it was just 175.

Congrats Lazer! Thats about all I have ever done, the Busie was pullin hard and wanted more but that was fast enough for me. Kinda wierd but 110 or so seems very comfy but up over 140 it starts to hit a different realm for me, the busa is very stable but everything starts comin atcha much quicker with much less time to react. Of course the speedo is about 8% off but no need to split hairs 175 indicated is pleeeeeeenty fast! Good job.
thumbs-up.gif

Congrats Lazer! Thats about all I have ever done, the Busie was pullin hard and wanted more but that was fast enough for me. Kinda wierd but 110  or so seems very comfy but up over 140 it starts to hit a different realm for me, the busa is very stable but everything starts comin atcha much quicker with much less time to react. Of course the speedo is about 8% off but no need to split hairs 175 indicated is pleeeeeeenty fast!  Good job.
thumbs-up.gif
Yes it is. I can not stress enough to ride what you feel comfy at. Don't get egged on to do more then you want to. That is plenty fast and most bikes can not even get up to that speed.

Lets see 175 is probably a good 100mph over the local speed limit, and thats almost 3 miles a minute, and it would probably take you a good hald mile to stop safely...... hmmmmmmm
yeah I'ld say thats plenty fast on a public street
jump9.gif
jump9.gif
jump9.gif

jump9.gif

jump9.gif

Don't worry Lazer I am only up to 150, I am working my way up to the next speed. The road I did it on was concrete and those little grooves they put in it had a little effect on the stability or maybe it was just psychological. I will make it up there someday
smile.gif

I have had mine to 175 as well the things that I remember most are not being able to tell the color of the cars I was passing and how long it took to slow down safely. There is nothing that compares to that rush, hell I went skydiving and thought that it was boring compared to 175 on the Busa

LOL Monster, it was me that slowed down not the bike.  She was willing.  I will get there.  It's just a tad bid different than my HD Road King.  
smile.gif

Trust me, I got the rush even if it was just 175.
Been there Juggler. 175 is about as fast as I have been as well. But I have the Bay briges here in Tampa, 12 miles straight 4 lane interstate. No place to hide a cop, no place for anyone to pull in front. Perfect speed venue...of course the Coast Guard has been known to sit just off the bridge and clock folks... All told a pretty safe venue...though I do really start sweating the Levi's I am wearing...

Just 175...Ha! Yeah ONLY 175...I don't think so, thats plenty fast but it is amazing how easy the Busa does it...

Yea, the slowing down part. That was pretty weird. Felt like I was going to fly right over my tank. Note to self: Don't just let off the throttle, slow down easy.

Brotha Man,
There's no shame in telling us that your nutz shrivled up!
175, 200, 155, 145, 130.
It's all the same in the Sherriff's eyes!
About another 15-30 seconds and you wou;da toped her out.

Be safe and don't override your abilities!!!

Ohh, I've been 188 on a real GPS and I was down to the speed limit in less than a 1/4 of a mile. Coulda been stopped shortly thereafter.

I GPS'ed 160 and I don't know that I'll ever try to top that around here.. I can't even imagine how fast stuff happens at 188.. I passed a bicycle that was going the same direction as me that I never saw until I went past him... good thing he was staying where he was supposed to have been.

scary that I didn't see him... but funny since I didn't kill him,or me.

can you imagine what it would be like to be on a bicycle about 8 inches on the other side of the white line off the road and get passed by a hayabusa at 160mph?

---- zip! ---- "HOLY SHEEEEEEEEEEP!"
wow.gif

he had to fill his shorts... lord knows I felt me bum tighten up when I realized what had just happened.

I've done indicated 185mph but thats my limit.Its unbelivable how well this bike handles at speeds.I was in Laconia last week when a guy with a 954 was excreeting from the mouth.Lets just say at 160mph later he wasn't even in my mirrors not that I looked long.But riding the BUSA athigh speeds is fun and dangerous I try to keep it under a buck thirty now.
jump9.gif

Pegged the needle on an 03. Didn't have time to look very long but did see that the needle was buried at over 185.

I've been up to 175+.......hard to look at the speedo though when your eyeballs are pushed back into the back of your skull.....almost flew off when I decided to slow down and sat up----whoa----next time I'll stay tucked until 130 or so.

Back