17/44 gearing

RSXtypeS

Registered
Was up busa world. I have a quick question. Gen 2 busa. I'm already down 1 in the front. Stretched 4 inches. Would I notice a difference if I went up +1 in the rear??
Or would that be to little to really make a difference. I'm trying to use the same chain since its practically new.

Gearing now is 17/43

>Go down one more in the front to a 16 . . . same chain. It will be like you went +3 in the rear . . .

I agree with that...

Going down to a 16 on the front wont be to hard on the chain? I'm bascially just street riding right now. I weigh around 230lbs fully dressed in Gear.

Not a Hayabusa , but ZRX's use 17 stock , and swap to a 16 is common . Both bikes use a 530 size chain .
With proper cleaning / service you will still get decent service life from it .

Was up busa world. I have a quick question. Gen 2 busa. I'm already down 1 in the front. Stretched 4 inches. Would I notice a difference if I went up +1 in the rear??
Or would that be to little to really make a difference. I'm trying to use the same chain since its practically new.

Gearing now is 17/43
Figure out where you want power 1st; top end, down low say for wheelies. You are looking for power during a specific roll on mph it seems so get a chart & look at how the final drive ratio is affected by up/down ft & back sprockets.

20181210_024302.jpg

17/44 is still a salty mix of power should be 2.59 final the 17/43 may give better result if rolling on then looking for top MPH.

Back