17/41 gearing on a busa...

TillerNOS

Registered
OK guys, here's my dilemma. I have a set of CF Dymags from a TL1000R that I am trying to install on my Bus. The sprocket carrier on the wheels is for a 520 conversion.....if I keep that same size sprocket, will the gearing be ok for the Busa?
rock.gif

Nope, dont do it. The gearing is all wrong.
Sell them and get the proper wheels. I'll take them off your hands

Just kidding, the gearing will be fine for the Busa. I have run 17/42 and it was good.......... Cant blame me for trying to get some new wheels though.....

gears sound good to me-running 17/42 right now n lovin it. still got enuf top end to outrun ZX-12Rs n i don't get smoked by any of the new 1000s out here-Gixxr 1ks are pretty close though.
throw sum pix up when you get those rims mounted-CF is my favorite!
smile.gif

If it's got a 520 conversion, which I read means just a 520 sprocket on the rim, buy a 530 sprocket and put it on the rim.

You don't want to mix and match, (ie, 520 front sprocket, 525 chain, 530 rear or any combination therein), You want a single number on both sprockets and the chain, but you can use 520 chain/sprockets on a Busa.  I'm just led to believe you cannot do so for very long.

Edit: To the best of my knowledge, which could be wrong, the sprocket carrier has no effect on what type of sprocket you can run, as long as the bolts are in the right places.

<!--EDIT|TheAtomicAss
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147152402 -->

Back