16g or 20g on a stock motor??

Missed that, sorry! I still think it's a mistake. With only a 1:1 regulator he will be pushing on the duty cycles, when a better choice (IMHO) is to just get an FMU and run a pc without the hub. I've done hundreds of Busas this way, and they run great. Rob, the next time you are on a dyno, watch how mapping "tracks" or traces through the grid. You would think at 8 pounds of boost (just as an example), the cursor would hit the 8 psi column at around 6K (again, as an example) and then go straight up through the entire column, following the rpm. This is not what happens. The cursor will hit the 8 psi column and then "dance" between 6 psi and 10 psi as it makes its way up in the rpm. PCIIIUSBs with the hub and boost referencing graph do this, PCVs with the GM Map sensor do this through the grid, and Ecu editor does this as well. I don't consider this an accurate way of fueling a turbo setup. BTW, Microtech boxes do NOT do this, they are way more accurate, and as you have said repeatedly - secondary injectors would be the preferred method.:laugh:

As usual, your telling me stuff I know and have and experienced. The methods described are not ideal, but will work. I've always been a 100% for fmu's with low hp goals, and small injectors, and secondaries with a microtech. Those are tried and true set combinations, and as you know work well.

Frank it's an 05.

Well I'll just set the aem on the shelf and get an fmu. But what does goldenchild mean but no long pulls? Will the pump not keep up at that high pressure? It's a Bosch 044 -8an to a billet rail.

But what does goldenchild mean but no long pulls?

I scratched my head at that one too.

It's suggested not to do long pulls (especially with stock compression) without any intercooling or methanol injection due to detonation. A way around that is race fuel because of the octane. Octane is a fuels resistance to detonation. You, running e-85 has a lot of octane. 108-114 depending on who you talk to, and it's alcohol so it burns a lot cooler and cleaner.

We've built several non intercooled bikes to run on e85 simply because it's a lot cheaper then c16. Our project grudge bike we will be rolling out here shortly will be on e85.

So unless I'm missing something, you'll be fine running an fmu for long pulls. I'm sure it was just a brain fart, golden child is a sharp guy.

Frank if you go back and re-read his first post, he said he has s2k injectors, and has a goal of 250-280. It can work and has been done before, just need to run larger values in the compensation table of the hub. :poke:

This is how the first turbo bike I rode was setup. I'm on board with this method as long as the boost is left alone and you don't try to squeeze more fuel out of it. That bike was built back in 2006 and has over 30K turbo street miles on it. The guy has ridden that bike out West on a 3000 mile trip. The FMU is not a bad idea especially if it is in your kit from the go but there are a lot of S2K injectors in busas and I wouldn't be afraid to go down this road if I already had the injectors. Just my thoughts

Frank it's an 05.

But what does goldenchild mean but no long pulls?

I think he's talking about top end pulls and increased intake temps, etc.. You would want an intercooled setup if you are doing long pulls for 1/2-mile+ or you chance melting stuff. It should be reduced with E85 but still no guarantee, that's why most of the serious bikes run the RCC Ultra plenum, plus you can run more boost on pump gas. Since you are on E85 and it's not as tested (with bikes), you will find the limits... :laugh:

Hope to see you out at TX2K14.. :beerchug:

well tx2k prolly be decent pulls from a roll, but I don't plan on running it out to far.

Whats one more blown motor in the garage?? hahaha jk

hope to see yall too, looks like there will be a good turn out. just gotta get off my leash for a weekend. wish me luck

I think he's talking about top end pulls and increased intake temps, etc.. You would want an intercooled setup if you are doing long pulls for 1/2-mile+ or you chance melting stuff. It should be reduced with E85 but still no guarantee, that's why most of the serious bikes run the RCC Ultra plenum, plus you can run more boost on pump gas. Since you are on E85 and it's not as tested (with bikes), you will find the limits... :laugh:

Hope to see you out at TX2K14.. :beerchug:

Completely agree. But if you go back and read the post it says "I wouldn't do any long pulls with an fmu..." And goes in to talking about not being intercooled ect. That's the part I scratched my head on, and that's what s2h was asking about.

Doing a homemade kit will be on e85, 1:1 boost ref, s2000 injectors, etc. No intercooler or meth. Will be mainly spirited street riding.

Looking at the 16g or 20g because the price looks good. I was leaning towards the 16g because I don't know when I will have the money to build a motor. But then i'll be into it more for a bigger turbo when I do.

which got me thinking a 20g now and just live with some lag then i'll have room to grow when I want to. Is it just to much on a stock motor? when will it go positive? Anyone with experience or done it? I cant seem to find a thread, searching "20g" is to small.

thanks guys!

As far as turbos on bikes go IMO the only people I listen to is Frank from Powerhouse and Richard from RCC(not taking anything away from other good people on this site), I have a built to the hilt motor(I left nothing untouched except the cams), RCCmeth kit with a brand new GT30r dbb turbo, some things were run wrong in the fueling department(I didn't have to ride it to know it was wrong) now going on 3 years and 13 plus k( not counting the parts) my bike is now on a truck(as I write this) going to frank.
Do it right the 1st time.... Trust me it will save you allot of money and stress.... Did I mention money?.... Oh yea I did.

If you want you mustang , corvette or viper to go fast there are dedicated people to that specific car, same goes for turbos on sport bikes, Frank or Richard period.

Back