16 bit ECU to 32 bit Conversion How to

Can the PC-III be used to remap the engine for a non-stock, custom exhaust? Fabricating a pair from stainless steel and would like to know how to go about this as not remapping the engine to behave in accordance with the new exhaust will not be of much use

The PCIII will do a fine job of remapping for your exhaust. There are a lot of maps that you can download from the powercommander.com website, but if you want it 'perfect' then you'll need a dyno tune.

If you have an '01 you can just plug the 02-07 ecu in and swap the rotor on the crank to the 02-07.
The Crank sensor wires are also swapped for polarity on the 02-07, but I have used them with completely stock orientation with no issues.

John

This needs to be pinned as well. I went to do the pinout swap today on my 01...and it was already correct...lol. Would have been nice to know as I was confused as hell after that.

yes the 01 all you need is the 24fko ecu and the 32 bit crank rotor and your in business.
This needs to be pinned as well. I went to do the pinout swap today on my 01...and it was already correct...lol. Would have been nice to know as I was confused as hell after that.

yes the 01 all you need is the 24fko ecu and the 32 bit crank rotor and your in business.

Glad I found this in the thread...it was driving me nuts. I couldn't figure out why someone would do the swap, but not change the rotor...and how it could possibly run? lol

Glad I found this in the thread...it was driving me nuts. I couldn't figure out why someone would do the swap, but not change the rotor...and how it could possibly run? lol

I put a motor in a 2000 one time thinking my buddy had already changed the crank rotor to the 16 bit. It ran but like crap!

I have a 01 with a PC3. If I do this conversion can i still use this PC or have to get one for a 02-07?

Yes. That is what I have in my K1.

But because I can't leave well enough alone, I'm fitting a PCV from something else entirely. It plugs into the injectors and just needs adapting at the TPS. A mate is making an adaptor for me at the moment. That's what you do when you pick up a PCV for $100.

I followed this thread and everything went smoothly. The most troublesome part for me was after ordering a PCV for my bike ('05 ECM in a '99) the FI connectors didn't match. I had to change the PCV connectors to a set of '99 style to match my harness. In retrospect, I should have changed the bike over to the '05 style...

Hey guys , i think i might be doing something wrong here . i did everything to specs; rotor, ecu, harness but it wont start. it throws a c00 code. is there a difference in the rotor 02-07 to the 08 and up rotor? if the 08 and up rotor is installed, could that be why it will not start?

Hey guys , i think i might be doing something wrong here . i did everything to specs; rotor, ecu, harness but it wont start. it throws a c00 code. is there a difference in the rotor 02-07 to the 08 and up rotor? if the 08 and up rotor is installed, could that be why it will not start?

Just wondering why you would use an 08 rotor?
But not it is NOT the same

I followed this thread and everything went smoothly. The most troublesome part for me was after ordering a PCV for my bike ('05 ECM in a '99) the FI connectors didn't match. I had to change the PCV connectors to a set of '99 style to match my harness. In retrospect, I should have changed the bike over to the '05 style...

Next time just order the OEM harness for the 02-07 and the pcv would just plug in

i told the dude i needed a 02-07 rotor but im not sure if it is . i whats the difference between the two (02-07/08-up)?

I could not read the ecu numbers.
Could I get them from ya or could I get a better pic of it?
When I tryed to click on it I was told it could not be displayed at this time try again later. But trying again I got the same results.
Thanks

I'm currently in the middle of doing the 16bit to 32bit ECU/Rotor swap on my 2000. The instructions contained in this thread are great but can be confusing when it comes to the pin swaps and moves...primarily because the instructions show the 32bit pin out and from the ECU connector as far as numbering. Well, you're not working on a 32bit ECU, you're working on the harness ECU plugs on a 16bit machine. So, I've attached something that I hope will clear up any confusion for anyone attempting to do this mod.

This picture represents what you are looking when you have just removed the plugs that were attached to your 16bit ECU:

View attachment 260464
I'm currently in the middle of doing the 16bit to 32bit ECU/Rotor swap on my 2000. The instructions contained in this thread are great but can be confusing when it comes to the pin swaps and moves...primarily because the instructions show the 32bit pin out and from the ECU connector as far as numbering. Well, you're not working on a 32bit ECU, you're working on the harness ECU plugs on a 16bit machine. So, I've attached something that I hope will clear up any confusion for anyone attempting to do this mod.

This picture represents what you are looking when you have just removed the plugs that were attached to your 16bit ECU:

View attachment 260464
The slots that are open in your picture are supposed to be open at the word have been change or that's what it looks like right after removal from 16 bit I have an 01 and slots you have empty I have full

Reactions: Max
The slots that are open in your picture are supposed to be open at the word have been change or that's what it looks like right after removal from 16 bit I have an 01 and slots you have empty I have full
Typo are the slots that are open in your picture open after wires changed or right when disconnected from 16 bit ecu

Are the 99-01 rotors all the same/ all 16 bit? I did the pin swap.. and installed a rotor but NOT SURE OF ROTOR YEAR, is my rotor a 32 bit in attached pic?.. the rotor has one tooth missing, is this normal for 02-07? I installed the (32920-24FKO 112100-1100 NEP 074) ecm as pictured above as correct for 02-07.
99 to 03 elec conversion 012.jpg
99 to 03 elec conversion 010.jpg
Still failed on second attempt, runs VERY rough and doesnt start well either. uhg. What could I be missing? tryin not be a ignorant but cant figure it out.

Back