$1445 and 1 month later...she's home!!!

Aha!!! Now we know who owns that infamous white van seen at every stolen bike scene!:whistle: J/K man... glad it worked out for ya!

what shop did the work?

hi Fastfrog,
Arkport Cycles did the work.

They just won a "Super Service" award for the 25 consecutive year, directly from Suzuki, and came highly reccomended from everybody I talked to. If you've ever made the trip out there, you would seem to think they know what they are doing just by seeing how huge the place is. I drove by about a dozen shops just to get to them...Overall, very impressed with them through the whole ordeal.

I thank everybody for the advice and concern. I'm going to take it easy for the first 500 miles (to be done this weekend), and I'm watching / listening to it very closely. If it dosen't work out, I've already got the perfect place for it in the front bay window of my living room, with some nice track lighting above. I've still got my old 2000 Katana 750, I'll put that back on the road and just try not to remember what it used to be like....

My Elmira brother I feel for you. Next week my bike goes into a dealership to attempt to figure out what I have failed to successfully diagnose and I expect a thousand dollar repair bill at minimum. We shall see. Hope your bike runs perfect after this. :beerchug:

Hello ajblbv,
Lancaster...thats about 3.5 hours directly south of me, I was there on a weekly basis for work up until about 4 months ago (we dropped service there). Considering a trip to the Ford Nationals @ Carslile show this weekend (via buddies truck), probably an hour from you.

After loosing your baby to the repair shop for however long it takes to get it fixed, trust me, a thousand dollar bill isn't that bad...you'll happily pay whatever they want just to have it back. Especially if you live on a main street and have to listen to packs of bikes going by every minute.

GOOD LUCK!!! I hope it's a simpler fix for you than it was for me. :beerchug:

man I wish my build went that way. mine went.. about $$,$$$ & one year later:rofl: I was even trying to rationalize buying a new one. But by the time I would have gotten,, exhausts,airshifter,NOS,swingarm,1441 package,head/cam package and other electronics I found it cheaper to stick with it.

Update - I put about 150 miles on it this weekend (out of town saturday and it rained sunday :-( ) and it runs like a new bike. No noise, vibrations, or smoke...just even, smooth taps from the valvetrain. But I still dont fully trust it, maybe after a few thousand miles, I'll feel better. After I change the oil and do a leakdown test....

Back