1441 questions

lowandslow08

Registered
Im planning on getting some engine work done soon but would like some advise before I spend the money. I have the basic bolts ons like airshifter, -1 +2 gearing, brocks ah exhaust, lowered, etc. Its a street/strip bike. Its been 9.teens @147-148. (165lb fully suited) How streetable, reliable, approximate price is the 1441 with a head and cam package. (gen 2) Finally I live in n.w. ohio, what reputable shop would be able to do the work. Thanks.

Im planning on getting some engine work done soon but would like some advise before I spend the money. I have the basic bolts ons like airshifter, -1 +2 gearing, brocks ah exhaust, lowered, etc. Its a street/strip bike. Its been 9.teens @147-148. (165lb fully suited) How streetable, reliable, approximate price is the 1441 with a head and cam package. (gen 2) Finally I live in n.w. ohio, what reputable shop would be able to do the work. Thanks.

Perfect setup for street or strip. For longevity I wouldn't run too big of cams but something a little bigger than 385" lift cams. Compression around 13.0 to 1, good headwork and an upgraded fuel system more on the injector side. Please consider supporting mods for reliability such as some transmission upgrades. It's only as reliable as the builder, tuner and owner otherwise great package and I promise you will love the performance difference from what you have now. Compared to stone stock, you should see 50-60hp difference and butt load more TQ across the board. Once you find a reputable builder they can give you all the options as well as Pros/Cons of going to 1441.

I don't live in the midwest so I don't know off hand all of the builder/tuners in or around your area. Someone will chime in I am sure.

Im willing to drive to get quality work done if I have to but the less the better. Is their any good tuners/engine builders in ohio or the surrounding states?

That sounds like the best builder around, it will be 544 miles one way for me and likely will have to make two trips unless he could get it finished in 3 to 4 days.

Back