1441 put your hands up

Kainedogg

Registered
I am at the crossroads with my project as far as keeping it stock with just slightly higher compression and ported head vs. the 1441. I hear stories about cracking gen2 blocks and the need for 2 batteries or 24 volts to start the big bore engine. A lot of guys on this site know a lot of things, so please share that information with me.

I wish I had a job and the money to build a 1441 with NOS Mr. GPW!!!

What does a 1441 kit cost for a do it yourselfer ?

APE are great people to deal with, had a kit on the shelf, but at the time I did one for a friend they had not built one themselves. I guess we got lucky with the starting problem because there are none.

Yep we got a three mil kit plus the larger intake cam. I am going to change up a few things in the near future but for a solid, safe reliable ride you can ride every day or play with on the weekends it works.

I did not deck the head or raise the compression on this bike becuase we plan to dump some NOS in this thing shortly...

You should see a really nice gain in torque almost 12-14 foot pounds with pump gas which is nice. Good luck. :beerchug:

:beerchug:

What brand of cam did you use, and did u get adjustable cam gears as well?
It comes with the APE sprocket if you get the cam (WEB)...presently sitting at 106 thats going to change a little with some upgrades.

from my research 1441 is about as high as you can go for a daily rider also without the 24v starter. I would suggest the dual fan mod to keep this puppy cool as I have heard of starting problems when she is hot.

My 1441 does as a daily driver as long as you let the fuel pump cycle before you start it when hot. I have a single upgraded battery and have put about 6000 miles on the motor.

Matt

I am at the crossroads with my project as far as keeping it stock with just slightly higher compression and ported head vs. the 1441. I hear stories about cracking gen2 blocks and the need for 2 batteries or 24 volts to start the big bore engine. A lot of guys on this site know a lot of things, so please share that information with me.

I've done alerts on GenII blocks failing because of changes in the design. A lot of racers and others that are running hot-laps are seeing failure that leave them no other choice than to switch to the GenI blocks. A number of vendors even have the kits available ONLY with the GenI blocks. So, do your homework, especially if you are expecting to run N2o.

Back