1441 lobe degreeing with 2 intake cams

turbor1

Registered
got a gen 1 1441 with 2 intake cams, je 12.8 to 1 pistons,ported head, angle milled head 10tho to 23tho , got a .060 base shim instead of a .040 to compensate for the milled head,no base plate gasket, shim is glued in place with suzuki bond my builder says the compression should be right about at 13.2 to 1. Its got a stock header with yosh rs3 mufflers. tuned for 13.2 on the wideband at wot. Now i havent been on the dyno, BUT it doesent pull anymore than before it was 1299cc. raced the same bike before multiple times before and after the 1441 and we where and are still dead even. he has a busa with the exact same setup i have but stock bore, motors where both done by the same builder. I know the stock header is proabably killing it and i ordered a akrapovic 4into 1 full system. Now my cam where set a 103int and 105 ex , by reading a little i see this is pretty low, i use the bike mainly for dragracing and dont need the torque down low. trying to get suggestions on what to set it at. so far ive seen 106 int 108 ex seems popular. can i go higher, the thing stops pulling at 10grand right now.

also tthe cams where degreed before whe put the .060 spacer plate on the bottom for the bigbore, so im wondering if they are still really at 103int 105 ex... would really appreciate input as i plan to put this thing on the dyno soon and would like to degree the cams before going. thanks!

106 and 108 would be much better.

But you really should get a degree wheel on it to see where they really are at now!

Back