14? Big deal.

diesel

Registered
All I hear about on here is everyone bitching about the 1400...all the 1000's that seem to be re-updated every time I turn around are putting out 160 hp stock. Pretty impressive.

Quite true!

I was reading a story about evolution of sportbikes yesterday by Kevin cameron. It used to be that you could buy a bike, pipe it and put a jetkit or PC on it and within a few years the new version of that bike was faster stock than your "tricked out" superbike. I think that will always be the case until some do gooders get legisaltion in place to reign em in even further. But the one thing that will continue to progress is the lower weights, better suspension, better brakes, better electronics, tires, ergonomics etc. Cameron labeled the story the golden age of motorcycling. Perfect title!

A lot of the bike magazines are talking about the new liter bikes being a head light and rear fender away from the racebikes out there. They are really way way too much bike for the street. It's a matter of time before the gov't catches wind and starts regulating them (just like everything else). I just hope that they don't turn into enviromentally friendly, nitrogen powered dogs in the future.

(diesel @ Sep. 09 2006,03:13) All I hear about on here is everyone bitching about the 1400...all the 1000's that seem to be re-updated every time I turn around are putting out 160 hp stock. Pretty impressive.
By all means, please keep, "... turning around!"
biggrin.gif

Back