1397 hayabusa holding the house down

He would not have pulled it with ease. 14r is 205-210 whp with a pipe n tune. If you are bound and determined to build an all motor bike to run with them, or out pull them, you can, but it's gonna cost ya. @greg3852 built a 1397 which made +/- 190 I think, so you can see that ain't gonna get you where you want to be, a 1441 will get you closer, but you'll still need to spray it. Weight is a huge factor as well, both yours and the bike's.
That's what i was thinking bro. That's why I wanna know what a 1430 or 1429 cc bore with a good head will put down. Even tho there's no stroke like the 1441 I'm just curious what they put down

Heres a little tip for you guys . Ditch the shinko front tire ( junk ) and run a pilot Power in the 120/60 series. its almost 1 lb lighter than the exact same tire in a 70 series . Cost about 120 dollars to dump big weight off the furthest point of rotation. Will also lower bike up front about 4 mm . Will not destroy your wheel .
Been running 60's for years on customers bikes who need that extra lower amount . Black betty ( wife's bandit)
has a 60 from factory ;) Most R6's run a 60 from factory .

So your 170 pounds which is decent. So once you do any motor work to that bike you won’t be able to start in 1st gear cause you bike is to long. You will spin. 1397 is a bored out gen 1 motor and it’s bored out far enough to where you won’t have any problems with keeping it cool. And the cylinder walls are still ok thickness. A 1430 is to big since it’s the biggest you can go bore out wise on a gen 1 crank. So your cylinder walls are to thin and heat can be a big problem. Now you can go1441. You can buy a gen 2 crank and bore your cylinders out to make it a 1441. Or build a 1507. That will get you plenty of power. You can make them streetable. Not many people do and I don’t know much about them. But those could make a easy 220 streetable power. You just have to do more maintenance on it. Like check valve clearance more often

I respect all motor guys so much and ppl that build bikes to be able to ride on the street. I've been contemplating on building a all motor setup for some time now and now I'm down to either a 1397 or 1429. I'm really trying to do research on what the best combo is to clear the 220hp range and still being able to ride it on the street with no problems. Roll racing is what I'm going for and maybe some track time. My stock gen 1 isn't cutting it anymore and those zx 14s are pulling pretty hard on me. I need to get in touch with someone who has been down this road because I'm not seeing enough results from ppl doing 1397s or 1429s hp wise. In the video busakiller pulled pretty good but if it was against a zx14r I wanna know if he would have out pulled it with ease.
Hi. Look in a 1507 build.

I don't think you're being difficult at all. I think the best all around set-up for you, given haw you want to achieve the goal, is a 1441 with a good head and cam package, then start lightening the bike.
The only other issue is cost. Carpenter racing (one of the best builders out there) wants over 5k for a 240 hp 1441 street setup like you want. That kind of money will get you well over 300 hp with a turbo. HP/$ ratio is terrible for all motor.

Don't think you're gonna be able to run pump gas in a 1507. No pump gas = not streetable in my mind. Most places you can find 91/92/93 octane at a gas station.
Hi. Yes pump gas. Look at Carpenters 1600 set up. 84 mm 72mm stroke =1595 cc. I would also recamend 83mm x 72mm =1557cc for street with a 50 HP shot of nitrous. a With a fully built motor,trans, head and cams with a port job and fuel system about $18000.00 + labor not cheep but fast. The bike chassie must be set up too.

I'm not going to knock anyone especially not a builder, but I would be surprised to see a Carpenter build pull those numbers on anywhere but his dyno. Once that bike is tuned by someone else, I doubt they would pull those numbers. A solid 225 sure...

$5K for a drive in drive out 1441 is not bad. I can tell you from personal experience, $5k is easy to drop.
Basic breakdown:
$1k New 84mm block & pistons
$1k Cams
$1k Crank
$1k Head

There is $4k without any gaskets, or an hour of labor.

I'm not going to knock anyone especially not a builder, but I would be surprised to see a Carpenter build pull those numbers on anywhere but his dyno. Once that bike is tuned by someone else, I doubt they would pull those numbers. A solid 225 sure...

$5K for a drive in drive out 1441 is not bad. I can tell you from personal experience, $5k is easy to drop.
Basic breakdown:
$1k Cams
$1k Crank
$1k Head

Hi I say that is low New block $950.00 pistons $600.00 Cams $1100.00 best crank $3200.00 = $5850.00. And who wants a plain old 1441 like I say 1507,1557 or 1595cc

Basic breakdown:
$1k Cams
$1k Crank
$1k Head

Agreed.

Hi. Yes pump gas. Look at Carpenters 1600 set up. 84 mm 72mm stroke =1595 cc. I would also recamend 83mm x 72mm =1557cc for street with a 50 HP shot of nitrous. a With a fully built motor,trans, head and cams with a port job and fuel system about $18000.00 + labor not cheep but fast. The bike chassie must be set up too.
Looking at their website, you're right about pump gas, but I still question both heat and reliability issues

you guys know the ZX14R and Gen 2 both have the same stroke of 65 mm right ? The bore difference is 81mm bird , and 84 mm for ZX14R . Now why is there heat issues for Gen 2 , and not for a ZX14R ????
The ZX14R has a wider case / block now to give more meat between cylinders . They only had to add about 5 mm total to achieve good water jackets , and space for cooling the cylinders .

You want a 1441 , and stay cool then buy a Kawasaki ;) . If not expect to be HOT :)

you guys know the ZX14R and Gen 2 both have the same stroke of 65 mm right ? The bore difference is 81mm bird , and 84 mm for ZX14R . Now why is there heat issues for Gen 2 , and not for a ZX14R ????
The ZX14R has a wider case / block now to give more meat between cylinders . They only had to add about 5 mm total to achieve good water jackets , and space for cooling the cylinders .

You want a 1441 , and stay cool then buy a Kawasaki ;) . If not expect to be HOT :)
To be fair, the 14 has a heat issue, it will cook your leg. All big kaws suffer from this.

I'm a zuki man for life I can't see myself on a kaw, so what I'm getting from this is I will see better results from a 1441 as far as being streetable and reliable. Gen 2 busa dual fan set up, run engine ice and I should be able to pull on these zx14r no problems?

And as far as getting a gen 2 crank is that swapping one from a used motor? Or buying one brand new? I'm not rich at all so budget is a must and I'm a all motor man until i need to spray to keep em away! Lol

So let me ask this. Would it be better to buy a gen 2 engine, bore it to a 1397 and do a head? That seems like a 220- 230 hp set up but costly it's more if not the same. If gen 2 motors stock with power commander and pipe was getting 190-200 to the wheel I would get a gen 2 motor and call it a day but I never hear or see anyone getting those numbers

Hi. I had a ZX11 with aSBMike 1300 kit I never had a heat problem even when I went to Fla. for the AMI shoot outs.
I had one two :)

My ZX11D.jpg

If you get a stock gen 2 motor tuned and piped you'll be around 190-200 area, so not enough. I'm not sure if it makes a difference which block you use, but I've said from the jump a 1441 was the lick for what you're wanting to do.
Hi. If you are on a budget you will not get what you need, do not do things half but. I have over $40,000.00 in mine now, and it looks like I will need another $50 K or more to finish it.

Back