1397 hayabusa holding the house down

busakiller

Registered
So this nitrous r1 should be pretry close to in horsepower to my bike. Pretty sure it might make a little more then my bike. But goes to show how fast a light weight busa can go with a good set up. Right now fighting traction in 1 st gear with the new tire and longer wheelbase. So might go back to my old arm for 1 st gear rolls on this bike. But either way it's a fair race as we both start in 2 ND gear.

Right now it's around 440 450 pounds. It weighed 460 with 2 lead battery's and stock arm with extensions. I have a different arm and 2 light weight battery's on it now. Just ordered a fuel cell for it. So that should drop more weight.

Right now it's around 440 450 pounds. It weighed 460 with 2 lead battery's and stock arm with extensions. I have a different arm and 2 light weight battery's on it now. Just ordered a fuel cell for it. So that should drop more weight.
plus u weigh about 140.....

So this nitrous r1 should be pretry close to in horsepower to my bike. Pretty sure it might make a little more then my bike. But goes to show how fast a light weight busa can go with a good set up. Right now fighting traction in 1 st gear with the new tire and longer wheelbase. So might go back to my old arm for 1 st gear rolls on this bike. But either way it's a fair race as we both start in 2 ND gear.

Looks great & your not afraid to get after it but DAM that is a lot of skin showing if something ever goes wrong. Not to be negative just something to consider at that speed you slide a long time.

Looks great & your not afraid to get after it but DAM that is a lot of skin showing if something ever goes wrong. Not to be negative just something to consider at that speed you slide a long time.

I totally hear you. I pretty much never ride or race without gear. For some reason we just went out for a little spin by my house and this happened. Pretty ballsy doing this with out gear. I did have a helmet but still I would be in a lot of pain if I went down. Hope that never happens.

Get her back together yet?

Yes motor is back in the bike and idles good. Going to do a couple things to it over the winter for next year. Plan to get it tuned on c16 next spring and start spaying it. Will also get it tuned on mrx02 for heads up motor racing. A track in my state is trying to get a heads up motor class with $50 by in and winner take all deal. So if the rules are what I like and my bike fits in those rules I plan on trying that. They will also be doing and power adder class. But one of the guys that goes there runs low 8's on a stock zx14r with a big shot.

I respect all motor guys so much and ppl that build bikes to be able to ride on the street. I've been contemplating on building a all motor setup for some time now and now I'm down to either a 1397 or 1429. I'm really trying to do research on what the best combo is to clear the 220hp range and still being able to ride it on the street with no problems. Roll racing is what I'm going for and maybe some track time. My stock gen 1 isn't cutting it anymore and those zx 14s are pulling pretty hard on me. I need to get in touch with someone who has been down this road because I'm not seeing enough results from ppl doing 1397s or 1429s hp wise. In the video busakiller pulled pretty good but if it was against a zx14r I wanna know if he would have out pulled it with ease.

I respect all motor guys so much and ppl that build bikes to be able to ride on the street. I've been contemplating on building a all motor setup for some time now and now I'm down to either a 1397 or 1429. I'm really trying to do research on what the best combo is to clear the 220hp range and still being able to ride it on the street with no problems. Roll racing is what I'm going for and maybe some track time. My stock gen 1 isn't cutting it anymore and those zx 14s are pulling pretty hard on me. I need to get in touch with someone who has been down this road because I'm not seeing enough results from ppl doing 1397s or 1429s hp wise. In the video busakiller pulled pretty good but if it was against a zx14r I wanna know if he would have out pulled it with ease.
He would not have pulled it with ease. 14r is 205-210 whp with a pipe n tune. If you are bound and determined to build an all motor bike to run with them, or out pull them, you can, but it's gonna cost ya. @greg3852 built a 1397 which made +/- 190 I think, so you can see that ain't gonna get you where you want to be, a 1441 will get you closer, but you'll still need to spray it. Weight is a huge factor as well, both yours and the bike's.

If you got a gen 1 build a 1397 but If you got a gen 2 build a 1441. I love my 1397 motor. It’s not as strong as some other ones out there. It has small cams and not a lot of compression. It’s streetable but it hard see the street anymore. Roll racing is fun and takes a whole different set up. The zx14 is a heavy bike compared to how light you can make the busa. You don’t need 220 hp to beat a Zx14r. My 1397 at the track is good heads up race with a local that has a gen 2 Zx14r on a 40 or 60 shot. It’s a good race cause my bike is so much lighter.

Chassis set up is big to win roll races with a set distance. Wheelbase, gearing, and tire. How much you weigh plays a factor in it big time.

On my bike with a stock arm and extensions at about 5 6 inches out, Shinko hookup, 18 40 gearing works very well for low mph rolls. The key is try and start in the lowest gear possible. With that set up I can start in 1st. 1st gear is stupid short to liter bikes but it helps you rocket forward quick. If you have to start in second to help you not spin you will want more power to make up for not starting 1st.

Right now I have the fastest all motor bike in my area. I can’t get any h2s to run me. The turbo gen1 busa i built and set for a friend is probably the fastest bike on the streets up here. It does 60 to 130 mph in 3.31 seconds.

If you do build you motor let me know and I can help you set your bike up. I spent a lot of money on tires and ended up running the hook up. Only tire that actually hooked up on the street.

My 1397 with a very good head, 395/378 cams made 194hp. But that’s just a number. It pulled very hard and weighed about 475 with a half gallon of fuel.
Agree with Busakiller. If gen2 go 1441 and go light. Weight is huge. Especially with 14r’s. Seems like most people don’t get them down in weight. So that leaves a huge advantage if you take it.

Figure that 10-15 lbs is equal to about hp, you can calculate how much power you need. Rider weight is a huge percentage of package weight as opposed to cars, so keep that in mind.

Okay I got you, man what's so crazy is in my mind I feel like a 1397 just won't cut it especially when it comes time for these for teens to start doing heads and pistons but maybe it is. I want to I know why you would not recommend a 1430 kit I'm just curious not trying to argue with what you're saying cuz I'm going to take your advice anyways but it just seems to me that a1430 CC will outdo a1397 as far as putting down more power and torque.

I only weigh 173 and I have a gen 1 2003 69 inch swingarm PCM 3 4 in 1 Brock header and open can no baffle. The 14 30 cc just seems like it will put down 200 to the wheel no problem if the 1397 is in the 190s I know not to depend on horsepower numbers but at the same time if I'm going to spend that much money on my motor I just want to absolutely be for certain that I'm going above a certain number and my goal is 200.

trust me man I'm not trying to be difficult I love researching and talkin about these bikes and making power but I just want to be for certain when making a decision and not backing out of it or letting these builders talk me into something else.

Here she is

20190717_163755.jpg

Back