1300 camshaft breakage

maddog03

Registered
I work at the "House of The Mouse" building engines to be used in a car application. After 30 or more engine builds we are starting to see the intake camshaft shear off - break in two pieces. The shaft breaks in the same spot, left end just inside the cam support tower.
We use these engines HARD, sustained high rpms, bouncing off rev limiter for 15-20 minutes per show. Just wondering if this ever happens in the 2 wheeled world ?

First I've heard. Are you refering to the little cars in the stunt show? If so, you guys do an amazing fab job! The abuse they see for that period of time is pretty impressive!
Posted via Mobile Device

I work at the "House of The Mouse" building engines to be used in a car application. After 30 or more engine builds we are starting to see the intake camshaft shear off - break in two pieces. The shaft breaks in the same spot, left end just inside the cam support tower.
We use these engines HARD, sustained high rpms, bouncing off rev limiter for 15-20 minutes per show. Just wondering if this ever happens in the 2 wheeled world ?

post a pic and are these stock engines your rebuilding or hp motors?

you using MANUAL,OIL PSI OR NON OIL PSI STOCK CAM CHAIN TENSIONERS?

I had one break on me on the left side last lobe of the cam right in the groove.... The casting looks piss poor if you ask me....

Back