120MPH and Caught, do you run?

No, you can't maneuver the bike at 190. You are right. We didn't have any curves. There was a slight hill, in which he came over the hill towards us. We couldn't see him before it was already too late. NO, it was not the smartest thing to do at all. That is why I've stopped haulin' ass through that area. I would not have tried to outrun him if he came after us. That event was an eye-opener for us, and put things into perspective. I just wanna see another day of being able to ride the Busa. Being in jail, with the bike impounded is not my idea of "another day". So, I've retired myself from that area. Besides, he's probably STILL waiting for us.
cool.gif

Some of the other bikes I used to ride with still frequent that area, and I've heard of a few getting caught. The other Busa guy I raced that day, has since then sold his Busa, and gotten a gixxer1000. Now, he's more worried about getting a ticket for the wheelies he does all day long, rather than the speeding.
face7.gif

You both are right.  Things do go by extremely fast at 190.  But the Busa can do it, and I have done it many times.  There are some really loong straights around here that some of us have hit at that speed.  And gcal, if you are that much of an idiot in not believing the busa can do 190, then you need to some schooling.  Actually, go to the "movies" section on the mainpage.  There are several videos there of the Busa being clocked at 200 mph.  So what is your frickin' deal dude???  There is an old airport access road (straight) that is not in use anymore around here.  That is where a lot of the bikes around here will go to get their high speed runs on.  Even went up against a stretched Busa there, with nitrous, and got my butt kicked.  So if you can't comprehend a Busa being able to get top speed runs, then you obviously live in the wrong area, where you can't go that fast.  Don't criticize others for being liars, just because you don't have any long straights in your area.  As far as your comment on the 1800 foot radar detector, you're probably right.  Noboby even knows if he was using the radar!?!  But, going that fast and flying by him, you don't NEED a radar detector to know that we were speeding.  It was soo fast, that me and the other guy racing didn't even know it was a cop until we looked in our rear mirrors and saw his lights flash.  Then, it wasn't until our other buddies caught up to us later and said, "Dude, you passed a cop!".  So...
You don't have to believe my story gcal.  Your brain is narrow-minded anyway, so I don't expect you to comprehend.  Here's the bottom line of proof for you:  Bring your bike out here where I live.  I'll take you to the straights, and I'll ride your busa past you at 190, pegged.  You'll be amazed, and next thing you know you'll be posting a topic in this message board saying, "Holy cow, I didn't have the balls to do it myself, but I just saw a guy ride my busa passed me at 190 mph!  He passed me like I was selling hot dogs on the corner!  I'm a believer...!!!"
BTW, do you still think that the U.S.A landing on the moon was a hoax to, because you saw it done in a movie?

eyes.gif

race.gif
Like I said step away from the crack pipe you retard!

Were in my post did I say the busa can't do 190mph???

I said you need alot of distance to do that speed and you can't just hit the gas and hold on for a second or two and bam your at 190...NO it don't work like that and thats what you make it sound like.....

You probaly were going fast you might even of passed a cop. But I am don't belive that you were doing 190mph and I don't belive that he didn't do any thing to your friends either.

The cannon....

It's always on so he can catch speeders going the other way.

Movie section with busa's doing 190
rock.gif

Yes I am aware of the section I am also aware of the race nickslick did agianst the viper. And several other clips of the busa doing high speed runs that other people posted...
Whats your point?
rock.gif

Agian I never said the busa don't go that fast I said you didn't go that fast on a road with cars. And don't say there weren't any cars there cause if the cop was there he was there for a reason "traffic control". So there had to of been something there, he wasn;t just driving around picking his nose he was there watching cars, big rigs, bikes, etc.
He was making the state, city or county money

Old airport road??? You mean like the one in ghost rider were he does high speed runs on the turbo busa???
There you go agian with the saying that thats you in the movies only this time you graduated from biker boyz to ghost rider. Whos next mad max or or tourqe. I say go with mad max he is my personal fav.

You need to understand that some were along the line of your hands typeing and your crack rock of a brain smoldering the line of communication was interupted maybe you wanted to type one thing and your hands did another.
Thats ok we forgive you. Just please let this thread die out and stop trying to justify your actions and your reasoning.
We don't belive you PERIOD.

Please stop posting about this just get over it and move on............. This is getting old.........................

rock.gif

Ok slow learner, last time...
racing down an old Alabama country road, no traffic, there was a cop, we were on a several long mile(s) straight. It took a little while to get to 190, but we had PLENTY of road. It was an unmarked cop car, all white. He was just driving, probably off duty. The 2 bikes behind us saw his lights flash at us way up front, THEREFORE, they had plenty of time to slow themselves down by the time they passed him doing the speed limit. Why would he #### with them, if they were doing the speed limit, retard!!?? LOL...For the last time, since you can't comprehend a thing about this, Mr. "I have no straights - just curves in Oregon, so you must be lying"... You don't have to believe me. You're the only one. There was a topic, and I posted my story. So go lay an egg, fuckstick. I've been over to Afghanistan a couple times fighting a war for whiners like you to sit at home and bitch. I've been shot at a few times as well. Taking the busa to 190 is far less scarier than the poop that goes on there. I have no need to lie, and I'll get the other busa guy to post his remarks if you want.

Ok slow learner, last time...
racing down an old Alabama country road, no traffic, there was a cop, we were on a several long mile(s) straight.  It took a little while to get to 190, but we had PLENTY of road.  It was an unmarked cop car, all white.  He was just driving, probably off duty.  The 2 bikes behind us saw his lights flash at us way up front, THEREFORE, they had plenty of time to slow themselves down by the time they passed him doing the speed limit.  Why would he #### with them, if they were doing the speed limit, retard!!??  LOL...For the last time, since you can't comprehend a thing about this, Mr. "I have no straights - just curves in Oregon, so you must be lying"... You don't have to believe me.  You're the only one.  There was a topic, and I posted my story.  So go lay an egg, fuckstick.  I've been over to Afghanistan a couple times fighting a war for whiners like you to sit at home and bitch.  I've been shot at a few times as well.  Taking the busa to 190 is far less scarier than the poop that goes on there.  I have no need to lie, and I'll get the other busa guy to post his remarks if you want.
NO ####### you go #### your self!!!!!!! I have told you already LET THIS THREAD DID!!!!!!!!!
I don't give a #### what you think or what you say.
So SHUT THE #### UP RETARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quit trying to get the last word in and YOU go #### your self.
As for you serving in the service for me?
rock.gif
Wrong... I served for myself.....You went to war for me?
rock.gif
? Wrong agian. You probaly signed up for the college money and got stuck there while war was starting......You went to battle?
rock.gif
So good time what!!!!! What does that have to do with you saying you did 190 on a public road with a bike neck and neck with you?
rock.gif
???Nothing!!!!!!Thats what!!!!!!!!!!!!
SO, SHUT THE #### UP ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't go away mad.
Just go away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHO good time CARS ABOUT YOU?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
???
SHUT UP ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

Can't we all just get along.....................................ow
......stop beating me!!!!!
rock.gif

GCAl..............good job trying to keep it clean until the end!!!

Shmoo..............good job trying to keep it clean.....until the end.

Mods..............can we clean this up please!!!!!
rock.gif
cool.gif

Either way, gcal......you've got to admit.......it was a fun story...........I tend to believe it, but then again, it doesn't really matter in the big scheme of things now does it?

Thanks for both of the posts.............let's move on........
AAAssjani.gif

rock.gif

FT WORTH TX -AUGUST 2002 I30
BETWEEN DOWNTOWN FT WORTH AND COPPER ST EXIT.

I was riding Stock 2001 Busa. Got a hair in my AXX and once through the twisites 140mph around brentwoodstair exit
I open her up and pass a State Trooper going over 170mph
I never stopped I never looked back . i got off at hwy 820 and hid in a jiffy lube for 3 hrs .

I will stop in the future . Do you know how hard it is to get
SHxt out of leathers .

Uh oh, here we go...
GOOD LUCK in getting gcal to believe your story. He's a firm believer that although the busa can do almost 200 mph, once there is a cop introduced into the story...the busa is no longer capable of that speed. He thinks that you could be going 190 mph down some straight, but if you have a cop at the end of that straight, there is an instant governor that kicks in to automatically prevent the bike from that speed.
(if you read my previous posts) -- That's kind of like what we did after we passed him. We just let off the gas (and it takes a while to slow back down to 55 from that speed), and looked to see if he was chasing us. We would've pulled over if he was on our tail, but he never came. I'm with you on the fact that it was a very suprising feeling. We didn't have anywhere to really hide out in the sticks. Haven't done it since.
devil.gif

I have not been on this board in a long time but talked with Shmoo about the sale of his bike today and wanted to see some pics.  Did a search and came across this...wow.  All I can say is I was the dude on the other Busa...everything he said is the truth.  Shmoo, I am surprised you didn't contact me so I could back up your story after this dude was calling you a liar.

ps- Would I run...no.
Have I run...yes.

<!--EDIT|blas32
Reason for Edit: None given...|1086133758 -->

GOOD LUCK in getting gcal to believe your story.  He's a firm believer that although the busa can do almost 200 mph, once there is a cop introduced into the story...the busa is no longer capable of that speed.  He thinks that you could be going 190 mph down some straight, but if you have a cop at the end of that straight, there is an instant governor that kicks in to automatically prevent the bike from that speed.  
(if you read my previous posts) -- That's kind of like what we did after we passed him.  We just let off the gas (and it takes a while to slow back down to 55 from that speed), and looked to see if he was chasing us.  We would've pulled over if he was on our tail, but he never came.  
no.......... thats not what i said.
when did i say governer on bike???
use the quote button and get it right
i dont think the busa wouldnt go 190 i think you wouldnt go 190 on a public road PERIOD!
who cares about the cop its already at the point were he doesnt matter.
all i can say is
"190 on a public road side by side with another busa and then the cop passed....... and then one time in band camp....and then.....and then......lol

O please just stop your killing me
lol

get it right....

so.............. like i said before........ put the pipe down and step away from the crack.............

DONT GO AWAY MAD JUST GO AWAY!!!!!

btw your kanji is put on wrong.

you road the little bus with tinted windows to school, right?
i thought so
that explains all the stories.

and another thing
doing 170 on the freeway is beliveable
doing 190 side by side is still bs
lol

so just move on please

if flashin lights catch you, be a man and take it. but run like hell til' you see em', your bike goes alot faster than 120. im glad i live in europe
tounge.gif

This is America and we are all free to do what we want. I would say a person should put the greater good above their own instant gratification and stop and take your lumps. I have actually done this and after the cop had me cuffed over his cruiser and blew off some steam, he calmed down and just wrote me a $150 ticket. In my mind this sort of "should I run" attitude sounds like TORQUE THE MOVIE syndrome where nobody ever really gets hurt. Understand that if you want to kill yourself on your bike that is totally up to you and this being America you are free to do so but you do not have the right to endanger ANYONE not sharing your willingness to die for the thrill. I would also vote for the death penalty for anyone causing a death in any sort of a chase at any speed. JMHO

<!--EDIT|Krieg
Reason for Edit: None given...|1086212600 -->

There is so much more involved then just paying for a ticket. Likely your insurance would drop you or put you into a category that no one could afford. And most of the people I have seen get caught in a police chance were drunk, on drugs or very green with the bike (or any bike). Providing you are not in the country I don’t think there is a cop in the world that would be able to catch a good rider on any sport bike.

I remember a few years ago I was driving my Yama Virago 1100 down the road and likely doing a bit over the speed limit, but being as how I did not have insurance, endorsement, tags, break light or any of a few other things they could nail me for I decided to snap the throttle back when I seen him do a U turn as soon as I passed.

I did not have to go very fast to get away.
Just took the first right then left then left then right and pulled into some driveway and parked behind the house.

A few minutes go by and the cop drives by.

An old man that lived in the house asked "what they after you fer"
I replied "no license plate"
He laughed and said "They tried to get me a few times too but gave 'em the slip"
A beer or two later and I was on my way.
No ticket and a new friend.

I say if you are going to do 120 make damn sure there are no people, cars, animals or COPS around. But if you do find yourself in a bind.......
Zoom!
tounge.gif

This is America and we are all free to do what we want. I would say a person should put the greater good above their own instant gratification and stop and take your lumps. I have actually done this and after the cop had me cuffed over his cruiser and blew off some steam, he calmed down and just wrote me a $150 ticket. In my mind this sort of "should I run" attitude sounds like TORQUE THE MOVIE syndrome where nobody ever really gets hurt. Understand that if you want to kill yourself on your bike that is totally up to you and this being America you are free to do so but you do not have the right to endanger ANYONE not sharing your willingness to die for the thrill. I would also vote for the death penalty for anyone causing a death in any sort of a chase at any speed. JMHO
excellent point!!! couldn't said it better. some people don't think until something happens then it's tails between their legs and hide.

gcal,
I put the kanji on wrong, on purpose, numbnuts. My customized version. Go back to bed.

Hey gcal,
I sold my Busa last weekend. I now own a KTM 625 SuperMoto. Be on the lookout next week in this post. I'm gonna tell you a story about how I had the throttle wide open, and passed a cop doing 90 mph!!!

super.gif
race.gif

Back