120K found on street and returned to owner.

Good for her to return it. :clap:

Not to smart to carry that amount of cash around, especially unsecured so that it falls in the street. :cookoo:

Yeah.... if I had that much money it would be like in the movies. I would have it in a briefcase handcuffed 2 a chain and attached 2 my wrist!!! :laugh:

I would then have a bunch of very large men in black suits and sunglasses wearing ear pieces with a noticeable bulge in their suit jacket surrounding me @ all times :firing:

excellent work officer...though i bet the person gets entered into the irs database and soon will face audit

excellent work officer...though i bet the person gets entered into the irs database and soon will face audit

^^ I agree.. Then there will be a news story about how a good dead costed a family x amount of money and blah blah blah then the cop will be labeled a bad guy.

Go Team IRS...

-D

Actually if the owner was worried about that I doubt they would have filed a police report to start looking for it.

I have seen and personally been present when those sorts of cash amounts are in hard currency for completely legal reasons. There are plenty of legal reasons someone may have a large sum of cash.

It could have just as easily turned out this way.

Stopping the abuse of civil forfeiture - The Washington Post

Policing for Profit: The Abuse of Civil Asset Forfeiture | Cato Institute

^^ I agree.. Then there will be a news story about how a good dead costed a family x amount of money and blah blah blah then the cop will be labeled a bad guy.

Go Team IRS...

-D

Life savings guys, lets assume that taxes have already been paid on this asset. The owner had already filed a report on his missing life savings.

I returned $20 30 years ago and got cursed by my wife. I can't imagine how tempting that amount of money could be. Good on her. I'm sure the person that lost it was more than happy.

i wasnt knocking the folks...but we all know how the irs works.

Back