120 in second?

MrGxr

Donating Member
Registered
Yesterday while out riding I thought I would do some role-ons to see what the Busa could do. Yes, I have had the Busa for a while now and I have never pushed her or challenged her in this way before. Anyway, cruising along at 75mph, pulled in the clutch, rev'd her up, and down shifted into 1st, rpms up around 10k, looked at Joe and twisted the throttle all the way over. Hit redline immediately, shifted into 2nd, throttle all the way over, redline, looked at speedo 120mph, shifted into 3rd, throttle, 4th, throttle, 5th, throttle 6th, then slowed down to wait for Joe to catch up. Is this normal, I mean 120mph in 2nd or did I miss shift and shave a few mph's off? Like I stated earlier, I normally don't push the Busa. Actually, if you ask those who ride with me I pretty much baby her all the time.

Oh, I was at approx 6500 ft above sea level when doing this. This may be a factor in all this. thx

Yea, you could probably have hit 120 mph indicated. According to the gear speed calculator, if you still have stock gearing you would be going around 108 mph @ 10,800 rpm. Given the error of the speedometer, 120 would be about right.
wink.gif

Thx. wasn't sure. riding with a Harley and he was indicating approx 5 mph faster than I was at 70mph (on Busa's speedo). Yep, Busa is all stock. Commander (wife) has not approved budget for 05' yet. Asking for Tobin seats and pipes, not sure which ones yet; depends on budget approved.
laugh.gif

When you hit the rev-limiter in second............ 120 is normal!

120+ sounds normal to me. you should take it to the LIMITER to see what speed it hits. I guess I never pay attention. the limiter is pretty soft [unlike my KAW that seemed to shutoff and pitch you over the bars at the limiter] but please becareful downshifting to 1st at 80mph - some rear tire slide-n-skip will turn you into a religious man very quickly.

if you can, you really ought to stretch her legs more often. 1) it's addictive 2) it's built to do it and 3) very few will ever 'outdrive' their Hayabusa's potential IMHO

WWJD, 120 was at the limiter cause I wanted to feel what it felt like. Your right not much there, just a hesitation. I will most likely stretch her legs a little more than I have after this experience, what a rush. BigBSBusa, absolutely an amazing feeling. I have been up to around 140 indicated, but it was a gradual climb compared to this. Getting there was a kick in the A$%!!!

yeah, 120 in 2nd is around the right spot to shift
biggrin.gif

and its a big ole kick in the pants aint it
laugh.gif
cool.gif

I want to ride! Sounds about right to me as indicated by speedo. Gotta love that pucker factor!

It is amazing just how much you can get out of the lower gears
97.08 1st
131.07 2nd
166.37 3rd
193.57 4th
220.48 5th
239.41 6th
Little bit of boost and a higher rpm setting aand real speed reading. I am blown away with my 3rd and 4th gears. have not topped out 5th and beyond yet.

NE's bike is no where near stock. You will not see numbers like that on a stock Busa. He has a turbo and taller gearing for top speed runs.
cool.gif

WooHoo---N.E.--you rock---Stock with my GPS---1st 83---2nd dunno---3rd 129 true---on the limiter--4th dunno---5th---176----two years ago--killed a small rabbit on the way to my super straightaway-- N.E.-----whoa 193+ in 4th------Yea man...
wow.gif

Back