12 horsepower increase with New Fuel injection system?

Gixx1300R

Registered
What you see here is a new type of throttle bodies that are being developed in the U.K for fuel injected bikes.It would be nice if someone created 48mm or 50mm throttle bodies that are simular for the Busa that uses the Stock positions for the Fuel Rail,TPS sensor,injectors and so forth.This system uses a ball type butterfly that rotates while opening.As you can see from the pics there is no obstruction in the air pathway,something like a Keihin flatslide.12 horsepower over the stock system.For the Busa I'm sure the shape would be round instead of oval to match the shape of the velocity stacks and ports for the cylinder head.Would you guys pay $1000 for these throttle bodies?Come on Jay!!I'm sure A.P.E could do something like this.Sorry for the crappy pic.It was taken from a magazine.Very good article of Fuel injection.Pisses me off that I cant have these!!!

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=269676&a=2424755&p=24833498&Sequence=0

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=269676&a=2424755&p=24833657&Sequence=0

Didnt see anything special on the Kinsler website Dennis.The same old Butterflies in the throat of the throttle bodies.

[This message has been edited by Gixxer1300R (edited 23 July 2000).]

Kinsler had dolled up a prototype inline four motorcycle injection system which was pictured in one of their catalogs. Don't know if they ever sold one but, do know that the throttle bodies appeared to be hilborne auto units the same as what Hahn had used for a while. These were not individually adjustable and only had one injector per body. Ok for racing with additional fueling from additional injectors but, not the ideal setup for street.

oh i see you want slide types.i discussed this last year with a dozen diffferent manufacturers and not 1 was interested in making them!!!!!

sorry about the misunderstanding.i was just going to gut some lectrons and add the tps to them!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by MOTORHEAD (edited 23 July 2000).]

If these Fi throttle Bodies arent availible soon I'm going to look into having a Prototype set built for me.There are plenty of guys in this area that are capible of doing the work but's it gonna cost big $$$.Hopefully no one will have a Patent on something like this.I believe this is the wave to the future for Aftermarket FI on bikes,something simular to Keihin Flatslides over CV carbs but with better drivability.More and More Bike Manufacturers are going to FI but they have blended old Carburetor technology and with it by using those restrictive damn butterflies in the throat of the throttle bodies.Just imagine a Busa with 170 horsepower,bolt on a set of these and get close to another 12 horsepower or more.Some people just dont have the vision to see the viability into making something like this.Just imagine the race applications,there is no aftermarket throttle bodies on the market for FI bikes.I know there may be some problems with on/off throttle response,Air velocity,Air density and so forth but that is what R&D is all about.

Designing and constructing throttle bodies is not a small undertaking. I know, I built my own after realizing that RB Racing who took my money was never going to deliver what I had already paid him for. RB is the only one I know of who actually manufactures throttle bodies (when he's not busy screwing someone) and his are nothing to write home about. Mine turned out pretty good but, they came at the cost of sitting at a milling machine for a week straight and watching aluminum chips slowly rising up to my ankles. No one would pay me what my time is worth for this type of a project and I wouldn't even consider doing it for anyone except myself. It could be partically automated but, just check out the cost for CNC maching. Problem here is that the market is too small for anyone to make any real money after paying up front for the development and scale up. With more and more new bikes coming with injection the market base is actually getting even smaller. This is the reason that the turbo kit makers don't even build them until they have at least deposits,if not the total amount,in hand. In spite of the problem associated I encourage you to give it a try. Just don't have big hopes for financial rewards.

Back