12 busa only starts by jumping solenoid

Kasper76

Registered
Just one day she didn't turn back on. New relay solenoid, new lithium battery. She jumps off at the solenoid fine. I push the start button and nothing. Torn apart check continuity I don't have any breaks in the line does anybody have an idea

Just one day she didn't turn back on. New relay solenoid, new lithium battery. She jumps off at the solenoid fine. I push the start button and nothing. Torn apart check continuity I don't have any breaks in the line does anybody have an idea
And is the red kill switch in the on position?

As the boys said, their are a few ‘interlocks’ in the starter circuit between pushing the starter button and the power wire at the connector that goes on the relay itself.
They are the first things to check, clutch lever switch, red kill switch, side stand switch.
I would check each switch has continuity individually, tracing the circuit from start to finish with a test light.
Then test the relay is good and is switching power across the terminals when applying power to the relay.

As the boys said, their are a few ‘interlocks’ in the starter circuit between pushing the starter button and the power wire at the connector that goes on the relay itself.
They are the first things to check, clutch lever switch, red kill switch, side stand switch.
I would check each switch has continuity individually, tracing the circuit from start to finish with a test light.
Then test the relay is good and is switching power across the terminals when applying power to the relay.
And is the red kill switch in the on position?
Yeah the kill switch is off bought a brand new lithium battery new starter relay solenoid and yesterday my cousin and her friend wrote up and it was the clutch switch at the lever. I was so pissed I use my multimeter check continuity and the lines check voltage everything was fine and son-of-a-b**** it was the clutch switch. So I took off went to the gas station which is 2 miles down the road. Fueled up headed back coming to a turn I was in second gear and it wouldn't come out of gear held the clutch down trying to change gears f1 light came on and the bike died everything lit up on the dash I cut the key off cut it back on all lights are on , on the console. And then everything went dead. Trying to push start her nothing I guess I'm going to start checking all my connections. I was pretty stoked to get her back and running and then something else happens

Yeah the kill switch is off bought a brand new lithium battery new starter relay solenoid and yesterday my cousin and her friend wrote up and it was the clutch switch at the lever. I was so pissed I use my multimeter check continuity and the lines check voltage everything was fine and son-of-a-b**** it was the clutch switch. So I took off went to the gas station which is 2 miles down the road. Fueled up headed back coming to a turn I was in second gear and it wouldn't come out of gear held the clutch down trying to change gears f1 light came on and the bike died everything lit up on the dash I cut the key off cut it back on all lights are on , on the console. And then everything went dead. Trying to push start her nothing I guess I'm going to start checking all my connections. I was pretty stoked to get her back and running and then something else happens
That’s a real bummer!
Checking and diagnosing electrical faults is time consuming and quite difficult if you don’t do it very often, you can get rusty on it.
Try to be patient and systematically check the basics and the starter circuit from start to finish.
Process of elimination, hope it all works out for you bro, let us know the outcome...

Back