12.95 Cruise Control

snbusa

Registered
Simple and it works...with skill. Not for everyone. It's soft rubber and wraps around the throttle so you can connect it to itself and have the fat part below your palm. I tried it out and it require some practice but I think its going to work for me. I've been having a pain in my wrist similar to carpal tunnel and this doohickey/gizmo does the trick for me. I love it when a company comes up with something so inexpensive and effective. Frank at Powerhouse helped me find this in the middle of working on a several thousand dollar turbo job. Pretty cool too. The negatives: Sorry the photo is upside down. I'll have it corrected. Most important...this can be dangerous if you use it too casually before you know what you're doing. Please be careful.

image.jpg

Purchase Info: Kuryakyn Throttle Boss 6251 installs in seconds yet I had to use velcro between it and the throttle to keep it from sliding around

Once you get the knack you control speed perfectly on hills, curves, etc. Please, above all be careful, especially in the beginning, and watch out for bumps because they will cause you to accellerate violently and have the potential to put you in deep sh_t real quick. It's kind of like getting on a Busa after riding slower cruisers your whole life. Bumps cause you to punch the Boss and drive it down causing the throttle to open up quickly. I almost removed it for good for this reason until the ice pick like pain returned to the heel of my hand.

To me,cruise control means your hand can leave the bar end. I've had these before ^,there are several types,some are just to big and get in the way.

Another way to cheap out is to use a rubber band,roll off the throttle tube into the groove between the tube and bar end.

You can also do a little trick with yer fast idle,turning it into hands-free cruise.

Or you can get one of these,reliable,safe,and actually hands free.

RSD.

tt.jpg

Another option is to get the CCS-100 (in my signature) and go the safe and reliable route. I tried the throttle locks, but did not agree with the performance they provided when faced with a hill. I use the CCS-100 just about every time I ride and when on the way to work I don't even touch the throttle for 45 minutes.

Another option is to get the CCS-100 (in my signature) and go the safe and reliable route. I tried the throttle locks, but did not agree with the performance they provided when faced with a hill. I use the CCS-100 just about every time I ride and when on the way to work I don't even touch the throttle for 45 minutes.
Good option,maybe a little much on the skill level required for some folks,and a little too "wallet thinning".
But I like it. Good write up too.
Cruise for my Harley is about a thousand bucks.:cursin:

RSD.

Its just a Throttle boss Right?? I 've had it on my bike since 02 , they are awesome

To me,cruise control means your hand can leave the bar end. I've had these before ^,there are several types,some are just to big and get in the way.

Another way to cheap out is to use a rubber band,roll off the throttle tube into the groove between the tube and bar end.

You can also do a little trick with yer fast idle,turning it into hands-free cruise.

Or you can get one of these,reliable,safe,and actually hands free.

RSD.

what kind it that Rub?

Yea lets get that straight big difference between cruise control and a throttle lock :laugh:

This is a great point and the only cruise control option for the Busa I am aware of is the CCS-100. There is an electronic and vacuum version available as I understand it and both are currently working for us.

I went with the cruise control because I live in a fairly hilly/mountainous area and throttle lock did not work for my application.

Thanks to your detailed write up and photos as well as PipeFighters thread and VFRcanada's I successfully installed the Audiovox ccs 100 on the bike a few days ago! I have been using the Throttle Meister for a few years now (bought from an oRg. member), and it's a great product! However as you stated hills left a little to be desired. Finding a Audiovox unit proved to be a task in itself, Murph's website is out of stock until August, I found one and only one complete unit on eBay so I snatched it for $199 (BIN price) with free shipping. There was another unit up for bidding but it said it had no magnet; I didn't know at the time I wasn't going to need it and didn't want to chance it.
Without the invaluable info found here on the oRg. I would have never had the nerve to attempt the install! I wanted to have it installed before the trip to the Busa Stampede in a few days, this will be my fifth year going and my third year riding! Thanks again!!

Thanks to your detailed write up and photos as well as PipeFighters thread and VFRcanada's I successfully installed the Audiovox ccs 100 on the bike a few days ago! I have been using the Throttle Meister for a few years now (bought from an oRg. member), and it's a great product! However as you stated hills left a little to be desired. Finding a Audiovox unit proved to be a task in itself, Murph's website is out of stock until August, I found one and only one complete unit on eBay so I snatched it for $199 (BIN price) with free shipping. There was another unit up for bidding but it said it had no magnet; I didn't know at the time I wasn't going to need it and didn't want to chance it.
Without the invaluable info found here on the oRg. I would have never had the nerve to attempt the install! I wanted to have it installed before the trip to the Busa Stampede in a few days, this will be my fifth year going and my third year riding! Thanks again!!

Awesome bro, did you get vacuum or electric?

Nice job, I use mine just about every time I am on the bike now. I originally bought the vacuum version because the electronic was causing problems with the GenII that were of an electrical nature. They have since ironed out the gremlins from what I understand and both units work great.

Back