12,000 miles front wheel bearing...

During my powder coating of my wheels I started to clean and remove bearing seals to inspected both sides of the bearings. I found this on one of the front wheel bearings.... Hmm manufacture defect?
If you look at the 2'oclock position on the bearing you can see the defect/damage/wear?

qof8kk.jpg

Who knows, its a bearing which shouldn't cost anymore then 30 bucks. Its not worth dealing with idiots and waiting on them to order the bearing and possibly ordering the wrong bearing and waiting 3 weeks... I don't have much luck with dealerships from my 20+ years of experience with them. Engine, transmission components in the $500+ range yeah I will deal with ignorance.

Is the outer race around the 2 o'clock ball broken away? I can't really tell, but that's what it looks like.
If it is does it look like a manufacturing defect, or did a piece(s) break off?
At least you found it before it started to fail and cause more possible damage.
You better replace them with ceramic, just to be safe:laugh:

Is the outer race around the 2 o'clock ball broken away? I can't really tell, but that's what it looks like.
If it is does it look like a manufacturing defect, or did a piece(s) break off?
At least you found it before it started to fail and cause more possible damage.
You better replace them with ceramic, just to be safe:laugh:

It looks like the race the ball sits in... I will make you a deal... I will send you a high resolution monitor for a set of ceramic bearings..:laugh:

What I see is more like a chunk in there at 3 o'clock?
Is that it? If not put an arrow by it for us dummies :)

I think warranty is 12 months or 12,000 miles ain't it?

What did it feel like right before this on last ride? Anything?

"This is a prime justification for mods honey. Had I not been spending money moddin my bike I would not have seen this. And oh yeah I need new bearings now :)?"

Those are hybrids whatever that is but I don't think they are the tire ceramics folks brag about?

"Ball Bearing 25x52x15 Ceramic Hybrid 6205-2RS C3 Chrome Steel and Ceramic Balls Hybrid ceramic chrome steel sealed bearings 6205-2RS Bearings with ZrO2 Ceramic Balls Electric motor quality, Bearings 6205-2RS is a popular size that could be used in many application ...

Yes good eye! Mind sharing your monitor with sixpack so he can see it also :rofl:

Have you been drinking? That's at 3:00 or maybe even 3:15!:laugh::laugh:

It looks like it would have been a defect in the manufacturing process or either someone hit it with a punch trying to drive the bearing in to the seat. I can't imagine that Suzuki would have used that method of seating a bearing in the assembly process.

If you get the bst's from brock with the org discount, then the bearings are basically free:poke:
Your bearing is a sign.:laugh:

Back