1125cr

casasnovas99

Registered
Well today I test rode a 2009 Buell 1125cr. I don't know if someone already wrote a review on here (I didnt search), but I just wanted to share my input. I was looking for a new bike a few weeks ago after I sold my CBR 954. I tried to setup an appointment to test ride the Buell. I never followed through and bought my 'busa! (yay :thumbsup:) After riding it today, I'm glad I bought the 'busa instead. Im not ragging on the Buell, but the busa is just overall better, at least to me. The Buell's really low c.o.g. did give it that edge to take on the twisties, so that was pretty cool. The V twin was different too, not as buzzy as an inline 4, more like a Harley (it is a tuned Harley engine). But, it didnt feel as fast as everyone said it was. I never lifted the front wheel, even being warned about that happening. Tucking in wasn't comfortable, and the seat height was considerably taller than my busa's. I dont think mine is lowered, since I bought it used, but it isnt really low. Im 5' 10" and can plant both feet on the ground. Sitting on the Buell was pretty much standing up, since i had no room to bend my knees, or be comfortable. But, as soon as you took off, it was pretty quick. Not busa quick. Also, the lack of a windshield meant the wind would hit me more than I was accustomed too. And tucking in would help a little bit, but the comfort level would drop. IMO, if you want a lighter bike, or a bike for the track, the Buell would definetly be a consideration over a CBR 1000 or an R1. Its "flickability" is definetly noticable - much nimbler than my old CBR. But for overall street riding, the Busa is the winner cause it is pretty comfortable for a sportbike, speeds up enough to get out of a potential accident (or a run in with the po-po) and handles as much as it has too. I personally dont take on the twisties at 70mph, so I am content. Also, who doesnt like a big bike? Its like the SUV of motorcycles! (Roadkings and goldwings are like 18 wheelers lol)

Im not a professional motorcycle reviewer, but I know one thing for sure - I love my Hayabusa, and would not trade it for anything.

you made the right choice by far ! Rode my brother-n-laws brand new buell and could'nt even see the traffic signals . I swear i thought the fairings were going to fall off . Zero power . You still ought to go test ride one then you'll really love your busa .:beerchug:
well today i test rode a 2009 buell 1125cr. I don't know if someone already wrote a review on here (i didnt search), but i just wanted to share my input. I was looking for a new bike a few weeks ago after i sold my cbr 954. I tried to setup an appointment to test ride the buell. I never followed through and bought my 'busa! (yay :thumbsup:) after riding it today, i'm glad i bought the 'busa instead. Im not ragging on the buell, but the busa is just overall better, at least to me. The buell's really low c.o.g. Did give it that edge to take on the twisties, so that was pretty cool. The v twin was different too, not as buzzy as an inline 4, more like a harley (it is a tuned harley engine). But, it didnt feel as fast as everyone said it was. I never lifted the front wheel, even being warned about that happening. Tucking in wasn't comfortable, and the seat height was considerably taller than my busa's. I dont think mine is lowered, since i bought it used, but it isnt really low. Im 5' 10" and can plant both feet on the ground. Sitting on the buell was pretty much standing up, since i had no room to bend my knees, or be comfortable. But, as soon as you took off, it was pretty quick. Not busa quick. Also, the lack of a windshield meant the wind would hit me more than i was accustomed too. And tucking in would help a little bit, but the comfort level would drop. Imo, if you want a lighter bike, or a bike for the track, the buell would definetly be a consideration over a cbr 1000 or an r1. Its "flickability" is definetly noticable - much nimbler than my old cbr. But for overall street riding, the busa is the winner cause it is pretty comfortable for a sportbike, speeds up enough to get out of a potential accident (or a run in with the po-po) and handles as much as it has too. I personally dont take on the twisties at 70mph, so i am content. Also, who doesnt like a big bike? Its like the suv of motorcycles! (roadkings and goldwings are like 18 wheelers lol)

im not a professional motorcycle reviewer, but i know one thing for sure - i love my hayabusa, and would not trade it for anything.

Back