1105 Mile Day on a Busa - The Pashnit Iron Butt Ride

Wow! Incredible pictures! And looks like it was a heck of a great ride too.

Nevada has got to be one of my favorite places to ride. So much wide open road and amazing scenery. Looks like we covered a lot of the same ground :) I gotta say though, your butt's go a lot more iron than mine! Furthest I've gone in a day was West Yellowstone back home to Salem, OR.

Thanks so much for sharing!

Awesome pics as always. How I wish I live closer to you. I'd be doing those rides with you every chance I get.

Thanks for sharing.:beerchug:

That sunrise pic is one of your best for sure.
How'd you get all the salt off your bike or did you just ride it off?
I'm cringing just looking at it.

Just EPIC!! I love all of the photos and stories...I would absolutely love the chance to do something like this one day :bowdown:

WOW That is awesome.. Thanks for sharing. Where were the other 20 riders?

Easy, the IBA ride was set up for maximum flexibility. For many, their first Long-Distance Event, & quite a few expressed they'd always wanted to try an IBA ride. Riding a SaddleSore 1000 is an entry into the Endurance Riding world.

They could leave our base-hotel at any time- the whole ride was planned to take place inside a 24 hr window though. Plus no requirement to come back to the same hotel. Some even planned their 1000-mile routes to return to their homes due to personal time constraints. A bunch of us all left around 3AM-ish. I hit the hay at 7pm and woke at 2:30am completely refreshed and ready to ride.

Everyone was encouraged to plan their own route, and ride their own ride, so there was no group like a normal Pashnit Tour. I did see several of the other riders clear across on the other side of the state during the ride.

Since everyone crossed the the SaddleSore 1000 off the list, quite a few riders said they'd like to try the Bun Burner GOLD - 1500 miles in less than 24 hrs. Takes about 22 hrs of riding to make it that far in one day. :thumbsup:

Crazy stuff, huh? 1500 mile day on a Busa?

Our Meet-n-Greet the night before was about 20 bikes in the parking lot
7997957580_7dbe881493_b.jpg

7997951731_91cf2059d3_b.jpg

Last edited:
Great photos!! I'm from Reno and I've driven and camped all over that state! I really miss the beauty and sprawling high desert of Nevada!! I got into riding after I left the state with the Air Force and can't wait to come back and ride all over it!! Great write-up and thanks for jogging my awesome memories of being a kid and living as a desert rat!!!! :beerchug:

Bill

Back