110 watt bulb?

machfj

Registered
I bought a new '04 Black/Purple Hayabusa Yesterday, and am most impressed, except with the headlight. I also own a 1985 FJ1100 that I put a 110w/65w lamp in, in that I had to run heavier wire and add a relay, as the FJ's stock wiring was mediocre at best.
It is a real "Barn Burner" at night.

QUESTION: Will the 'busa wiring handle the extra current?
I am also wondering if I will damage the Spotlight Assembly?

Don't talk to me about PIAA lamps, just as there is NO substitute for Cubic Inches (or CC's) watts is watts is watts.

Mike in Illinois

$200 plus dollars for a headlight..(HID)  (NO)...I am already installing a Low beam Modulator for daytime visibility.
Not looking to shell out that kind of money unless it makes the bike handle better/stop better/go faster.

Mike In Illinois

IMG010a.jpg

Where's the pics of the 'Busa? Welcome to the board by the way. Some folks have added 55W bulbs others have added HID (I am in line for one) while still others have added there own running lights (Thrasherfox) to give additional lighting. Really all depends on how much you want to spend. I don't know what the lighting limits are for the 'Busa, but PM Icemann and he can certainly help.

Taking Pics would involve getting off the bike......not yet...five more minutes...Pleeeaaassseee!!!

That would be the perpetual 5 minute call. The 'Busa will give you a very nice permagrin!

Then becareful what you ask for.
You want light the HID makes it look like daytime in the pitch black WELL worth the $$$$
for what you want you could run with the high beam on
laugh.gif

Back