110+ mph vibration.

tyrone

Registered
i figured this is normal..it being 110 mph...but will a after market steering damper in combination with the stock one reduce or get rid of this vibration?

Last edited:
How much vibration are you actually experiencing? Have you ridden another motorcycle at that speed w/less vibration?

What gear are you in when you experience this?

And no....adding another steering damper is not recommended. Some heavier weighted bar ends may or may not help. And do what Mike said and have your wheels re-balanced.
Seriously though....any motorcycle is going to have some degree of vibration at that speed.
Wait to you push past the 150mph mark :whistle:

How much vibration are you actually experiencing? Have you ridden another motorcycle at that speed w/less vibration?

What gear are you in when you experience this?

And no....adding another steering damper is not recommended. Some heavier weighted bar ends may or may not help.
Seriously though....any motorcycle is going to have some degree of vibration at that speed.
Wait to you push past the 150mph mark :whistle:

I missed that.
No don't put on 2 dampers.
Mine runs like a bullet up to 170 mph.
After that? who knows.
You have a chain and sprocket issue or a wheel balance issue, as I stated.
JMO

thanks. i just had a new tire, zzz 530 chain and a new front end put on 3 days ago. (forks, upper and lower tripple) the guy i bought it from did some damage. i figure it might be the rim..but when they installed the tire they didnt say anything about damage to the wheel. they are a very reputable shop (id rather not mention the name).

Something is wrong with your bike...get it checked out and fix the problem.

Also, do NOT use two dampers...there is a cheap mod that you can do to the stock one...or just go with a "quality" aftermarket one :thumbsup:

the virbration isnt unstable or anything....but its enough to make me want to reduce it. i dont want it to turn into wheele wobble at 110+. im setting up for 1/4 runs. thanks for your info.

thanks. i just had a new tire, zzz 530 chain and a new front end put on 3 days ago. (forks, upper and lower tripple) the guy i bought it from did some damage. i figure it might be the rim..but when they installed the tire they didnt say anything about damage to the wheel. they are a very reputable shop (id rather not mention the name).

Yeah...I didn't realize the whole front end was re-done. That would make me nervous too.

Make sure sure everything is double & triple checked to spec and like BA mentioned have your rim looked at.

I didn't read everything so I'm sorry if it's been covered. Make sure you don't have a tire issue or a balance issue before getting into all that other stuff. These bikes or at least from what I've been told by others are smooth all the way through....

Check your rims, make sure they are balanced because i had the same issue with one of my bikes. And you do not want to have two dampers installed at the same time.......

Back