$11,000 for one ride?

dk55belair

Registered
I talked to Willie tonight and he was pretty drugged and pretty funny. I asked if they needed any money or anything I could help with. (they are fine right now)
He asked if I knew how much money the chopper ride to Asheville cost.
I said nope.
He said "$11,000, I should'a put a few dollars more in and just bought it"

Anyway he said Hello to all his brothers and sistas on the "org"

IMG_6114.jpg

IMG_6123.jpg

I'm thinkin that might be a good deal cuz I've heard costs well in excess of 25-35k for a helicopter extraction :banghead:

Glad to hear he's doing better :beerchug:

Don't forget you're paying for everyone else that doesn't have insurance too. :poke:

Heck, I would've given him a ride on the Busa for half of that.:laugh: Get well quick. God bless.

Luckily he had long and short term disability insurance through his work. I just wanted to make sure they were still doing ok. Thanks guys.

I thought $11,000 was a little pricey, the chopper rides at Pigeon Forge are only like $20.:laugh:

At most that helo is maybe $1500~2k hour to operate. This would include pilot pay, fuel, maintenance time, hangar, & insurance costs. Kinda like getting an MRI...it costs about $80 to operate but you get charged 6~800% of that. Health care is a business, no doubt.

$11000 is about average mine was $11779, price sucks but the service is great. I just wish I could remember any of it.

At most that helo is maybe $1500~2k hour to operate. This would include pilot pay, fuel, maintenance time, hangar, & insurance costs. Kinda like getting an MRI...it costs about $80 to operate but you get charged 6~800% of that. Health care is a business, no doubt.

Yup, I hire these things, and you're spot on!

We were lucky that day that there was a helicopter available for Willie. I wouldn't want to think how things could have turned out with out it. $11,000 is a small price to pay for what could have been his last ride.

My buddy broke his back out in the dunes and the EMT chose to fly him out rather than drive him out (which would not have been bad). His flight was also 11k for a 10 mile trip.

I could understand if he is in danger of dying, but if it is a matter of a couple bumps...drugs could knock the edge off the pain, but they won't help the loss of 3 months of pay.

My buddy broke his back out in the dunes and the EMT chose to fly him out rather than drive him out (which would not have been bad). His flight was also 11k for a 10 mile trip.

I could understand if he is in danger of dying, but if it is a matter of a couple bumps...drugs could knock the edge off the pain, but they won't help the loss of 3 months of pay.

Do I know u??? I got air lifted out of the dunes in Oklahoma when I broke my back. I dont remember anything but very thankful that the service was there or else I might not be here today. I broke 7 vertebrae, 3 ribs, my shoulder, and split my face open on a raptor 700 atv. 11k is alot of money but at moments when you need it no one cares the price cause you cant put a price on a life.

Back