1000cc to Busa??

Matte220

Registered
I'm debating making the switch from my current bike (08 R1) to a 08+ Busa for a bit more comfort/tourability.

I have only driven a 2002 Busa one time while I owned my 02 GSX-R1000 and quite frankly it felt very heavy at that time so other then a momentary lapse in judgement when I bought a V-Rod (BORING), I have continued to buy 1000cc bikes. Any thoughts or opinions would be very welcome.

Thanks-Matte

The Gen II's IMO are nimble they are not a Gixxer but they handle great I came from a 600 GSXR It is a different feel but it is worth it :thumbsup:

The Busa can do it all, I ride 2-up 95% of the time. We tour all over and she will cruise down the highway easily. She also makes a great track bike when you want her too.

Hallett Track Day, 06.06.2010 on Vimeo

DSC_3247.jpg

DSC_3227.jpg

Last edited:
If you weren't a fan of the GEN I you probably won't like the GEN II. Basically the same bike with a few improvements in the motor and suspension.

i went from a 01 r6 to a 03 busa, its alot heavier and bigger but u will get use to it, i can never go back to a smaller* bike, its so much more comfortable and more power.... just dont think that its a lazy fat boy..... it will get up and go.

I would make the trade. If you are looking for something that is more comfortable the 'Busa is the bike to do it with. You will find out that it is as nimble as you can make it.

well yes I know it's bigger/heavier then Liter bikes but some of that weight is a positive when it comes to normal riding too. (stability)

I'm debating making the switch from my current bike (08 R1) to a 08+ Busa for a bit more comfort/tourability.

Yes its heavier, but that should not matter to you at this point. You even say you are looking for more comfort/tourability. Looks like question already answered by you....:whistle:

It will also be more comfy if you do ride two up and have a farther touring range on a tankful vs literbikes.

Aside from the weight, it's about the same as a 1000, only a little more comfortable, especially for two. It will track, handle, and wheelie just as good, no problem, don't belive otherwise.:beerchug:

the hayabusa is a lovely road bike, owned a 05 1000rr and used my buddies 06 Gsxr1000 for a while, but a 185cm and 230lb in full gear i dont feel comfortable onboard the litrebikes, the hayabusa on the other hand, for comfort and touring is pure:whistle:

Back