1000 wheels

CYCLEERIC

Biker Man
Donating Member
Registered
Im looking to swap the Busa wheels for a set of GSXR1000 wheels . Ive heard they're lighter plus I like the looks of the smaller straight spokes . I know I'll have to make my own spacers but that's not a problem since we build custom bikes at the shop I work for .

My question is which years of the GSXR1000 wheels fit best with the least mounting issues ?

Im looking to swap the Busa wheels for a set of GSXR1000 wheels . Ive heard they're lighter plus I like the looks of the smaller straight spokes . I know I'll have to make my own spacers but that's not a problem since we build custom bikes at the shop I work for .

My question is which years of the GSXR1000 wheels fit best with the least mounting issues ?
I have seen the 03-04 wheels work with little modding. You will shave about 4lbs total off from stock.

what about the rotors , will the busa rotors swap over or will I need the 1k rotors too

<!--EDIT|CYCLEERIC
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147053029 -->

01 and 02 are the easy way out,,, the rotors bolt wright up.
The rear is a direct swap, however, im still working on the front.
Ill try to finish it this week, and let you know.???
rock.gif

I talked to Lee today over at Lee's performance and he recommended using the 03-04 1k wheels and using the stock Busa rotors . Also chated about doing some motor work to get me around 200HP at the rear wheel . The weight savings with the 1k wheels should make it an awesome daily rider .
biggrin.gif

Back