1000 miles solo, 3 states, 7 mountain ranges.. Pics!!

gunmetalbusa

Registered
Took a little trip to Sheridan Wyoming from Idaho Falls through Wyoming. Spent two nights in Sheridan, came home through Montana and the Galliton Yellowstone, then home:thumbsup:

DSCN1165.jpg Saturday morning, ready to go

DSCN1165.jpg

DSCN1167.jpg

DSCN1169.jpg

DSCN1171.jpg

DSCN1172.jpg

DSCN1177.jpg

DSCN1178.jpg

DSCN1180.jpg

DSCN1182.jpg

DSCN1184.jpg

DSCN1186.jpg

DSCN1187.jpg

DSCN1189.jpg

DSCN1190.jpg

DSCN1192.jpg

DSCN1193.jpg

DSCN1201.jpg

DSCN1207.jpg

DSCN1208.jpg

DSCN1210.jpg

Last edited:
Gmetal, great pics..tx for sharing..beautiful part of the country during early fall...did you have any issues going over passes with accleration smoothness? Did you have to add extra clothing for warmth at pass levels...or were the Rocket leathers warm enough? 2hip

That looks like one ride I wouldn't mind doing with you! :thumbsup: I really liked the one with the 'Busa in front of the river. Great shots and thanks for taking us along with you!!

2 hip, the Rocket leathers do great from 40 to 100 degrees in my opinion, I just change out what I'm wearing underneath. Acceleration was smooth as silk at all elevations and speeds. I did have my first near overheating issue behind a pilot car at 9000 feet, going 5mph for 10 miles, that part of my trip sucked. Power is down at altitude but thin are makes it feel just as fast with strange air noise over helmet!:thumbsup:

Very nice!

Looks like you had great weather! Awesome shots, thanks! :beerchug:

Madlight, Its a GPX type R. I bought it for track days but it tours well!

Thanks to all for the comments. I missed taking pictures of Granite Pass in the Bighorns, I was tired and dodging deer, it was beautiful though. Also, having too much fun on the big sweepers in Wind River Canyon between Shoshone and Thermopolis. Out of Shoshone, there's a three mile straight across barren country where I passed three Harley guys at 160 that I had been talking to back in Shoshone at the gas station. :whistle: Three really cool tunnels in Wind River Canyon with river right beside the road. Google the corners!
Dayton Cayne above Dayton Wyoming, around 20 incredible corners but too dark to take pictures, and too many deer! The Galatin Valley out of Boseman is also full of incredible riding, but thirty nine crosses mark the sides and heavy traffic. Sorry no Pics there accept bike in the grass by the river shot.

Awesome pictures, Awesome scenery --- Thanks for sharing --- I would like to make a similar run someday!

Back