100,000 miles in 3 years (with Greg's help)

sleepless_red

The artist formerly known as "sleeper_red"
Donating Member
Registered
I know I haven't mentioned this on here. When I brought her home on September 27, of '07 with 1 mile on her, my goal's to put 100,000 miles on her in 3 years or less. With Greg's (HPC) help, I think I can make it happen. Please let us have a mild winter in the future.:please::please::please:
3657175509_df37150d18_b.jpg

You'll do it with ease!!!

:beerchug:

High-mileage 'ho... :whistle:

Way to go, man!!!

You'll do it with ease!!!

:beerchug:

High-mileage 'ho... :whistle:

Way to go, man!!!

Thanks, SCAR. I can't get enough of her. By the way, she will be with Greg all week next week while the whole family goes on vacation. We're leaving for NH on Monday and will be coming home on the 5th of July. I know, when I get her back, she'll be ready for more.

You have a big dent in your 100K goal already! I don't think my bum could take that sort of riding.

Congrats on the high mileage.

The only competition you may have is Scar! That guy puts on some miles as well!

You have a big dent in your 100K goal already! I don't think my bum could take that sort of riding.

Congrats on the high mileage.

The only competition you may have is Scar! That guy puts on some miles as well!
Thanks. Scar is my hero. He inspires me.:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Fork seal, and cush drive are the only major thing I can think of. Then you have the normal wear and tear like brake pads and other small things. I'm telling you, she's been very good to me. We'll see what Greg will do when he takes care of her next week. This will be the first major service from what he told me.

Your due for a valve train overhaul, valve guides and the valve seats will be cleaned up as well and vacum leak tested. I am going to put in a new cam chain while in there to ensure you get another 50K. Will also check tolerances on the valve springs and the other wear based its in the service manual.

Also adding a fresh clutch since the OEM is near its wear limits. Also adding a second fan for that high traffic riding you do. :beerchug: Have a safe trip!

Last edited:
Wanna add more miles then come on over to the Busa Stampede in Reno, Nevada next month. That should put a few miles on odo.:laugh:

Well dang...thought I was doing well hitting 20k the other day on my '07. Looks like I better get to riding:beerchug:

Your due for a valve train overhaul, valve guides and the valve seats will be cleaned up as well and vacum leak tested. I am going to put in a new cam chain while in there to ensure you get another 50K. Will also check tolerances on the valve springs and the other wear based its in the service manual.

Also adding a fresh clutch since the OEM is near its wear limits. Also adding a second fan for that high traffic riding you do. :beerchug: Have a safe trip!

You can take mine for a couple weeks next! :beerchug:

You can take mine for a couple weeks next! :beerchug:

Send her on up we work on several bikes from Florida...one of my customers was so happy with the 25K turbo build we did on his bike. He told me to keep it for 2009 and run it at a few LSR events.. :beerchug:

Last edited:

Thanks very much in advance, Greg. I can't wait until we get back home and take her for a ride again. Hopefully, I can put another 50,000 miles before she turns 3 years old.

Back